No USB2.0 with P4P800 mobo

Thread: No USB2.0 with P4P800 mobo

Unhappy No USB2.0 with P4P800 mobo

Ive recently incounted an error with USB 2.0, my first time using a usb 2.0 device on this machine and got a message saying "High Speed USB Device Plugged into Non-High Speed USB Controller", the device is a jetflash 256Mb usb drive and works correctly on other machines. I have tested other usb 2.0 devices and get the same message. I am running Win XP Pro with SP2 and have updated bios on mobo and am unsure what next steps i can take to usb2.0 working. All drivers are installed correctly, there are no yellow tabs in device manager. Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to windrivers cut.
    - In device manager, does your usb controller appear as usb2? Have you installed the intel chipset drivers? http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...6&DwnldID=7484
    - What bios version are you running? The version 1015 update included a revised usb module. http://www.asus.com/support/download...4P800&Type=All
    - Have you tried deleting all the usb controllers/hubs, rebooting, and letting windows redetect them?
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Thx hudsonsmith
    I checked my usb controller in device manager and it didnt appear as usb2. I had installed the intel chipset drivers but i different version from the one in your link, so i installed that. It seems to have fix my usb2 issue, thx for that, but now i have in device manager "System interrupt controller" that needs drivers. Im not even sure what that is. Any ideas for drivers for that? Im running version 1017 bios on mobo.

Just scanned for hardware changes in device manager and it detected that "system intrrupt controller" as something different (forgoten what it was), recommended i search windows update for drivers which i had done previously, and it could not find any, so i clicked finish when i did it then found drivers, installed the device as "Processor to I/O Memory interface), but said it may work incorrectly.

That should be picked up by the chipset drivers or windows. Try deleting it, then reboot and see if its detected correctly.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.