How much ? & all this to play doom III wherever he wants 'better'...

Thread: How much ? & all this to play doom III wherever he wants 'better'...

Talking How much ? & all this to play doom III wherever he wants 'better'...

So I have this mad customer, who'd better remain nameless or you'll all want one like this ..

So last week he calls me up, & the conversation went something like this ..
    (I'm in red, he's in blue ..names changed to protect me, who isn't innocent, & him, who definately is ! )

Hi 'ed, hi Mr SpendsLots&Lots, how are you & what can I do for you then ? mmm a new one, errr a new what?, a pc, oh ok, what about a budget, oh as much as it takes, the best, err last time you bought 'the best' & that was only a month ago ?,Err yeah, about that .. oh more than last time, there's new stuff ! xp2 !, No sp2, that's software, a patch for xp, I did that for you .. What do you want to go faster, you had pretty much the best of everything last time, you'll only get a marginal gain, Do you want my money or not ?!!? .. [very large intake of breath from me ] ... Well I don't want you to waste you money thinking you are going to get something an awful lot faster & then be upset, oh I see, well yeah, thats good, yeah err umm thanks ...but I need another one anyway for upstairs, Huh ? ... another one ?, what do you mean Huh ? I mean another one ! Have I got another one for upstairs ? Are you sure? No, they are all downstairs .. sorry I don't know what you mean, err you bought a laptop & we fitted the wireless network so you could take it wherever you want, last week .., oh that, that's no good, no good ? It was £3K!, did you break it or has it been stolen or something ? oh Gracious no, no its just no good for some stuff, doom's rubbish on it up to that one you made, nothing like as good , can you fix that one I've got ? .. No, no that's right we got all the best laptop stuff already & we can't, you told me that before, so yeah thats why I want another pc, & I might want one the same for the garage too, & maybe the kids can have one each they seem to like it too, though they aren't very good..

btw his kids are 2, 3 & 5 !!!!! What worries me is he may actually buy them one each - shouldn't grumble I guess ! Just sit expectantly whilst rubbing my hands ?

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    So I have this mad customer, who'd better remain nameless or you'll all want one like this ..

So last week he calls me up, & the conversation went something like this ..
    (I'm in red, he's in blue ..names changed to protect me, who isn't innocent, & him, who definately is ! )

Hi 'ed, hi Mr SpendsLots&Lots, how are you & what can I do for you then ? mmm a new one, errr a new what?, a pc, oh ok, what about a budget, oh as much as it takes, the best, err last time you bought 'the best' & that was only a month ago ?,Err yeah, about that .. oh more than last time, there's new stuff ! xp2 !, No sp2, that's software, a patch for xp, I did that for you .. What do you want to go faster, you had pretty much the best of everything last time, you'll only get a marginal gain, Do you want my money or not ?!!? .. [very large intake of breath from me ] ... Well I don't want you to waste you money thinking you are going to get something an awful lot faster & then be upset, oh I see, well yeah, thats good, yeah err umm thanks ...but I need another one anyway for upstairs, Huh ? ... another one ?, what do you mean Huh ? I mean another one ! Have I got another one for upstairs ? Are you sure? No, they are all downstairs .. sorry I don't know what you mean, err you bought a laptop & we fitted the wireless network so you could take it wherever you want, last week .., oh that, that's no good, no good ? It was £3K!, did you break it or has it been stolen or something ? oh Gracious no, no its just no good for some stuff, doom's rubbish on it up to that one you made, nothing like as good , can you fix that one I've got ? .. No, no that's right we got all the best laptop stuff already & we can't, you told me that before, so yeah thats why I want another pc, & I might want one the same for the garage too, & maybe the kids can have one each they seem to like it too, though they aren't very good..

btw his kids are 2, 3 & 5 !!!!! What worries me is he may actually buy them one each - shouldn't grumble I guess ! Just sit expectantly whilst rubbing my hands ?
    Errr not quite sure what he's on about, but sell him twenty and take a holiday!
    "Today is a Gift, thats why they call it the present"

Get him a couple of these:

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

hehhe...

doom III runs great on my lappy

Now I'm confus_ed, are you bragging or complaining???

Tell him they all need to be replaced to have a completely coheavsive network and the ability to play DoomIII anyplace in the castle he wants to play it. Because it's such a large job you will also need all of his old parts along with your usual fees.
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

I have met a similar gentleman, but I call him "Mr. More Money than Brains".
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    I wish I could meet someone like that
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I had a customer like that once.

He would call weekly to get something upgraded.

It was great.
    Strawberry Fields Forever

I wish I could meet someone like that
    Going for the No Brains dating scene RD?

Ed, just give him my number and I'll build him anything he wants as many times as he wants three times over
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

and I'll call him sir.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

So install a server and some dumb terminals to go with the one hes already got

If you have a cable-laying friend, You could get him sme work with these four little words:

"Fibre To The Desktop"

Have fun with that one
    Bollocks

Count yourself lucky. It seems most of mine want "The Fastest out there" but only want to spend $200 to $300 for a whole system.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
    but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting. "Holy sh!t.. what a ride!"