XBOX of PlayStation 2? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What game system would you get?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • XBox

9 45.00%
  • PlayStation 2

5 25.00%
  • Save your money and just buy beer!

6 30.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XBOX of PlayStation 2?

go with the xbox..you wont regret it.
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Yeah I went out last night and got it. Just picked up the Digital adapter today at lunch so I can hook it up to my Theater system too...

Burnout 3 is freakin awesome!!!

W

Recently nabbed a Gamecube for those moments when I absolutely don't want to have to use my brain while gaming. Works well and dirt cheap if you can find one at a pawn shop. PC is still the better platform for gaming.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Diver01
    Yeah I went out last night and got it. Just picked up the Digital adapter today at lunch so I can hook it up to my Theater system too...

Burnout 3 is freakin awesome!!!

indeed. i love burnout 3...very satisfying. especially with 5.1 audio..it really helps you stay ahead, becasue you can tell when someone is about to pass you, and determine pretty much exactly where they are.

Mortal Kombat Deception is also pretty good..there is a story/adventure mode where you travel around different realms in search of unlockables, and to complete missions. i think this is a much better way to go about unlocking characters and stuff, than just by playing through the game with every character like most fighting games.. outlaw golf 2 is out today, and should be awesome. and then there is Halo 2 on Nov 9th. it is a good time to own an xbox.

there are also hundreds of great titles out there that are cheap. i currently have 85 xbox games..so if you need any suggestions, let me know.
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

xbox,

Play the following : halo, Riddick, fable, splinter cell 1 & 2, need for spee underground, x-men legends, red dead revolver, all of th EA sports games, after that come and talk about : 1) any other console 2) pc graphics are better.

I'll give that this generation of pc graphics are improved over the xbox, with the latest GPU's and only marginally, and xbox2 will have the same quality if not better (trust me... I got contacts), but where the xbox really shines is in mutliplayer. No PC games can match the simplicity or stability of xbox live. all the consoles use the same hardware so there's no issues with hardware lag, net lag may be a problem in some areas and frankly being able to trash talk in EVERY game for the system is just great.

I still love my pc (i'll be playing Halflife 2 on monday and probably won't stop until I finish it).
    Today, a haiku:

Google, you f**ktard
    my fingers are so weary
    of repeating crap

I still love my PC too, but a lot of cool games just arent available for it. I am a big racing junkie and also any kind of space combat, flight sim game too. Back in the day there were plenty of titles for the PC, now it seems most of them are console only games...
    W

Quote Originally Posted by gtiseb
    xbox,

Play the following : halo, Riddick, fable, splinter cell 1 & 2, need for spee underground, x-men legends, red dead revolver, all of th EA sports games, after that come and talk about : 1) any other console 2) pc graphics are better.

I'll give that this generation of pc graphics are improved over the xbox, with the latest GPU's and only marginally, and xbox2 will have the same quality if not better (trust me... I got contacts), but where the xbox really shines is in mutliplayer. No PC games can match the simplicity or stability of xbox live. all the consoles use the same hardware so there's no issues with hardware lag, net lag may be a problem in some areas and frankly being able to trash talk in EVERY game for the system is just great.

I still love my pc (i'll be playing Halflife 2 on monday and probably won't stop until I finish it).
    I don't buy Xbox Live being superior to PC multiplayer. Sure as hell not with UT2K4 out there. I won't even mention how pointless FPSes still are on console systems.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

got them both + gamecube. They all have games the other doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    I don't buy Xbox Live being superior to PC multiplayer. Sure as hell not with UT2K4 out there. I won't even mention how pointless FPSes still are on console systems.
    So obviously you've never multiplayed on xbox live? Rainbow Six, ghost recon, Splinter Cell all of those on xbox live will change your idea. Don't get me wrong, I love my pc, and I'm crazy UT24k player too (HEADSHOT!!!!) but xbox live is the directions multiplayer should go. See, UT24k on does stuff for UT24k, the joy of xbox live is alot of the "lobby" stuff is standardized, which means it doesn't matter what game you want to play, finding an opponent (or partner) is the same procedure. If you know anyone who has live, spend a night at thier place trying out some games there (the ones I mentioned as well as PGR2, the EA games, Crimson Skies) and then decide. Plus in less than 2 weeks, Halo 2 is out.
    Today, a haiku:

Google, you f**ktard
    my fingers are so weary
    of repeating crap

Quote Originally Posted by gtiseb
    So obviously you've never multiplayed on xbox live? Rainbow Six, ghost recon, Splinter Cell all of those on xbox live will change your idea. Don't get me wrong, I love my pc, and I'm crazy UT24k player too (HEADSHOT!!!!) but xbox live is the directions multiplayer should go. See, UT24k on does stuff for UT24k, the joy of xbox live is alot of the "lobby" stuff is standardized, which means it doesn't matter what game you want to play, finding an opponent (or partner) is the same procedure. If you know anyone who has live, spend a night at thier place trying out some games there (the ones I mentioned as well as PGR2, the EA games, Crimson Skies) and then decide. Plus in less than 2 weeks, Halo 2 is out.

I bought a PS2 For Gran Turismo 3 and I bought a Xbox (well 4 of them) when the wife was opening a coffehouse (was setting up a halo lan) Sold all of it and bought a Rifle. However with Gran turismo 4 it looks like the new slim line PSTWO will be in my future. But Halo 2 Is Badd *** also. HMMM I may have to get both again.
    WOTPP Recruit.

http://www.lp.org/ http://www.badnarik.org/

XBOX of late is doing better in my opinion than PS2.
    Online games are better engineered on the XBOX.

I thought HALO was the best console game ever.
    Recent additions to my XBOX collection include.
    Fable, Halo2, Thief deadly assasin,
    Faves, Knights of the Old republic

Next one to come will be Knights of the Old Republic II

The PS2 does have Dolby Digital in game though Delmer thought it didn't and I don't think custom soundtracks are much of a selling point?? I agree with him that the XBOX triggers are better then PS2 shoulder buttons and I also think that the PS2 games look dated where XBOX is still being pushed to the limit..

PC's are great for games but developers can't afford to develop just for PC's as the market is to small. Some games don't really suit PC just as strategy games aren't great without high resolution and a mouse.
    The maths is straight forward. Consoles are just about £100 and a decent graphics card alone will cost more than that. PC gaming is too expensive for most people.
    And Control Enter STILL wont let me post a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Gamecube.. James Bond.. (was it to die another day??) Great FPS
    XBOX.... HALO.. great FPS game. multiplayer is fab. Halo2 Live will be sweet.

I think that PC LAN is the best way to play FPS too. Counterstrike with 30 people is awsome. UT, Wolfenstein and quake take some beating.
    Last edited by scutterboy; November 16th, 2004 at 12:36 PM.
    And Control Enter STILL wont let me post a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Momoman907
    The day they start having competitons for gaming where the fist place prize is $400,000 for a console, I'll consider one. That conept is only available for PC at this time. But there are still more games for PC than console. The fight is to keep it that way.

And you want a great game, try Mercedes Benz World Racing. Now that they have provided an online frontend, been a total blast racing with the buds. Blows UG away, 118 tracks, and around 40 cars have been added to the game that came with I'm not sure how many. And World Racing 2 looks like its totally going to be cool.

You can find a lot of info on MBWR at www.needforbetterspeed.net

And we are visited over there regularly by one of the TDK reps.
    And you win a lot of money at PC competitions do you?

And the concept that there are more games for PC than for consoles is not necessarily the case. Take into consideration that the PS2 plays just about all the PS1 titles then add the games available only for the Xbox and the gamecube
    you'll quickly see that anyone can own a vast library of console games as compared to PC games. However I personally own more PC games than I own more console games. On the shelves just behind me I have over 240 PC games, which is quite a bit compared to my measely 30 some odd console games.

Don't get me wrong both avenues have their ups and downs.
    As a gamer I have PC games and I have console games. My PC costs a helluva lot, of course I'm an upgrade junkie, but that's been toned down quite a bit. And I don't use it solely for games either.

I also own more than 1 console, an Xbox, a gaycube (must have resident evil), a PS1 and even a dreamcast.

My PC games offer me quite a bit in terms of graphics quality primarily, but I pay for that dearly in terms of graphics cards alone if I want to play them in all their "graphical splendor" and the way the developers wanted me to play it.
    On the other hand my consoles offer me quick, trouble free (for the major part) gaming and although I do play on an HDTV it's still not a match for the resolution I get on my PC. Nevertheless it's still fun.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Honestly, I got better things for my money like smokes, beer and hookers
    ROFLMAO!!!! Cleetus you never change do you???
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

I'm in the same boat as Budster I got's them all(except the cube)and I only play the P.C and the Xbox sorry Dream,Ps,there just isn't any thing on the competition that is really hitting,like other's have said all the big player's are coming out on the Gates machines,although I think you guy's are to quick at discrediting the cube,it's doesn't have a lot of games compared to the competition,but when you look at how much crap each systems got per good games,the tendo's not bad.But,the competition boils down to a mix of different gem's from each system.
    And Billy Boy's got Halo 2,so I got's to vote for the big green Halo machine.Turn's out the dark side's more powerful after all,sorry Luke

A why the hell do I have an A in my sig.??