Toshiba Satellite 1800-S203 No Sound - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toshiba Satellite 1800-S203 No Sound

Quote Originally Posted by dodint
    crumbs,

This is the best so far. When it boots, now it beeps twice, which it didn't do before. However, it doesn't play any sound once Windows is loaded, and the Volume Control is still missing.

The difference now is, Windows is now finding an "Unknown Device", the sound card, and the software modem.

Argh, I'm getting closer, I just can't seem to seal the deal. Thanks for all the help.
    Did you remove any previous drivers? also you might try ADD or REMOVE Programs...... to make sure everything loaded.

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Press Fn+F4?
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Okay, so far I've tried everything here, and only crumbs ALi M5451 driver has yeilded any result. I get the dual beep on startup, and when a sound should be being made, the speakers kind of crackle, but I never get any full sound.

Sly,

That driver is for the M1535 processor. Why should I prefer that over the M5451 driver even though I have the M5451 processor?

Oh, and the Yamaha drivers are obviously useless so I got rid of them.

I've gotten this far. i keep installing them over and over again hoping it takes, like I've seen some other people. Nothing yet, except the crackling and the dual beep.

Hmmm it used to work in ME
    Now you have 98 loaded?
    This is probably a wdm driver problem. Find the vxd or 95 version and uninstall the 98/ME version.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dodint
    Okay, so far I've tried everything here, and only crumbs ALi M5451 driver has yeilded any result. I get the dual beep on startup, and when a sound should be being made, the speakers kind of crackle, but I never get any full sound.

Sly,

That driver is for the M1535 processor. Why should I prefer that over the M5451 driver even though I have the M5451 processor?

Oh, and the Yamaha drivers are obviously useless so I got rid of them.

I've gotten this far. i keep installing them over and over again hoping it takes, like I've seen some other people. Nothing yet, except the crackling and the dual beep.
    Try Safe mode, delete all sound devices then try to reload the ALi M5451 drivers.