Windows XP Pro???

Thread: Windows XP Pro???

Windows XP Pro???

I need to know if there is a way I can put windows xp pro on more than one computer. With the same disk.

Sure you can do it with the same disk...but you still have to have unique license Product keys in order to install activate-ible versions, in that they can’t be correctly activated if all are installed with the same number. If you did that you would be breaking the law, that’s pirating…Arrrrgggg shiver me timbers!

Is there a 30day registry countdown timer on windows XP pro, like there is on windows xp home? do you even have to register pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickenin
    Is there a 30day registry countdown timer on windows XP pro, like there is on windows xp home? do you even have to register pro?
    Yes and yes....
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

your web page link does not work. I still need help

Mickenin, which web page link are you referring to?

What help do you still need?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by DocPC
    Yes and yes....
    Shouldn't that be depends & depends ? There's retail & there's OEM 'xp pro', with retail the answers are Yes & Yes, but for oem or corporate, the answers are no & no ?

Going right back to the start of this & the assumption that using the same serial somehow makes you illegal, well it doesn't ! - its common practice to use the same serial number right throughout any organisation repeatedly for 'same family' installs to make administration easier ( as long as you can 'prove title' to the s/w used you can do what the hell you like with the keys, either all unique, all the same or a mixture it makes no nevermind - legally )

& anyway do you even have to register ? I don't think you do, if you don't care about product support from them, activation is another thingee entirely ..

..During activation, you can also register your copy of Windows. Registration is not required; however registering your copy ensures that you receive product support, product update information, and other benefits..
    From here - Understanding activation and registration

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    & anyway do you even have to register ? I don't think you do, if you don't care about product support from them, activation is another thingee entirely ..

From here - Understanding activation and registration
    But the problem is, you must activate; and you cannot activate a retail copy of Windows XP (Home or Pro) on more than one computer. It isn't allowed. The first copy will activate fine, the second copy will simply say that you have already activated that product key and must supply another.

Quote Originally Posted by rgharper
    But the problem is, you must activate; and you cannot activate a retail copy of Windows XP (Home or Pro) on more than one computer. It isn't allowed. .
    Arrrgh I be a pirate now .. I be -

'Isn't allowed' is of course like a red rag to a bull ..
    there's lots of ways around activation - there's even a kb to tell you how & anyway what if he has xp corporate or volume then no activation is needed for that, do you think they expect 6,000 activations on a rollout ?

Perhaps ghosting ? There's many ways if you are prepared to be 'inventive' ..

-ed: you so bad.

where do I get a corporate or volume of windows xp pro or home CD. How do get around the 30day activation on windows xp home. I was also wondering if I could take the windows folder of a activated system and then switch it in with a un-activated system to stop the 30day activation.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    where do I get a corporate or volume of windows xp pro or home CD. How do get around the 30day activation on windows xp home. I was also wondering if I could take the windows folder of a activated system and then switch it in with a un-activated system to stop the 30day activation.
    You paypal me $200.00 and I'll send you an XP key. Home or pro, your choice.
    Sergeant WOTPP

where do I get a corporate or volume of windows xp pro
    By buying lots of copies & joining the volume license program here

I was also wondering if I could take the windows folder of a activated system and then switch it in with a un-activated system to stop the 30day activation.
    How blatant would you like me to make the pirate jokes ? Your questions definately might be seen that way..

Arrrgh .. that great Pirate Billy Boy, he shot himself in his foot, arrrgh .. he wrote all about that arrgh .. he did indeed ... arrgh.. back up , where be that writing though, I be a pirate not a googler - arrrgggh !

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    You paypal me $200.00 and I'll send you an XP key. Home or pro, your choice.
    I can do that for $130.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!