Good tray icon manager for 2K?

Thread: Good tray icon manager for 2K?

Good tray icon manager for 2K?

My current system tray extends now to the middle of the screen... I'm not joking... And I *need* all those programs to be running all the time.
    I'm looking for a nice tray icon manager, something to have as result the behaviour from WinXP where I can have some icons showing all the time (the ones that I use most frequently) and some whenever I want. Oh, it has to be free as well. All the ones that I've found so far are buggy or not free (or both). Suggestions?
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee
    My current system tray extends now to the middle of the screen... I'm not joking... And I *need* all those programs to be running all the time.
    I'm looking for a nice tray icon manager, something to have as result the behaviour from WinXP where I can have some icons showing all the time (the ones that I use most frequently) and some whenever I want. Oh, it has to be free as well. All the ones that I've found so far are buggy or not free (or both). Suggestions?
    If you have MS Office, why don't you use the shortcut bar to store some of the icons on it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonie
    If you have MS Office, why don't you use the shortcut bar to store some of the icons on it as well?
    'cuz the shortcut bar ain't the same as the system tray; the system tray is the thingy near the clock in which some programs make an icon while they're running.

Duh, I do know what the system tray is, however I thought you needed more space for launcing applications from. What you are asking is something to store the running apps icons in?

Would dragging your start bar up so that the icons cover two lines not work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Would dragging your start bar up so that the icons cover two lines not work for you?
    That would kill extremely precious space from my screen (17" monitor and I doubt the company would buy a bigger one); also it would reduce the number of icons from the current 15-18 to some 8-9 per row, and it's still too many of them. I would like to see only 3-5 of them on a regular basis.

Tray Manager

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee
    That would kill extremely precious space from my screen (17" monitor and I doubt the company would buy a bigger one); also it would reduce the number of icons from the current 15-18 to some 8-9 per row, and it's still too many of them. I would like to see only 3-5 of them on a regular basis.
    PC Mag published a tray manager a few years back. You might try Google for tray manager and look for PC Mag reference. I have used in past.....good luck.