OWA still not working

Thread: OWA still not working

OWA still not working

since stopping & restarting IIS services and dependants, OWA is not working.
    I get the message "this error indicates that the gateway could not find the address of the website you are trying to contact".

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    What error codes are showing up in the event log? Have you tried reinstalling OWA?
    WWBRD?

Quote Originally Posted by imaeditedbysowulo
    What error codes are showing up in the event log? Have you tried reinstalling OWA?
    no codes regarding this in the log (event viewer).
    On the page itself is this code:
    11001-Host not found

a thought. does OWA need ICS (internet connection sharing)(I don't think so, because we connect via a DSL)? Because it's turned off (but I think it always was), but when I tried to start I could not because:

"The ICS service could not start because another process has taken control of the kernel-mode translation module.........more mumbo jumbo..

also-I have no idea how to re-install OWA. I had a heck of a time getting it up and runniong to begin with....

thanks

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    It's been years since I installed it, but it was fairly simple with exchange 5.5 running on NT4. Hmmm, if I remember right it was on it's own seperate CD, but I could be wrong.

What operating system are you running it on? I wouldn't think that ICS would even come into play on a server? Is the computer still able to surf the internet and is the computer you are running OWA on the same computer that has Exchange installed?

Has the IP address of that computer changed recently?
    WWBRD?

Quote Originally Posted by imaeditedbysowulo
    It's been years since I installed it, but it was fairly simple with exchange 5.5 running on NT4. Hmmm, if I remember right it was on it's own seperate CD, but I could be wrong.

What operating system are you running it on? I wouldn't think that ICS would even come into play on a server? Is the computer still able to surf the internet and is the computer you are running OWA on the same computer that has Exchange installed?

Has the IP address of that computer changed recently?
    I am running small business server 2000. I have only one server that runs everything. I can still surf the internet. the IP has not changed.

I have only been here for 5 months. The server was setup by an outside contractor. I will look to see if I can find the installation CDs, and see if OWs is on it.

Owa

Quote Originally Posted by cmg214
    I am running small business server 2000. I have only one server that runs everything. I can still surf the internet. the IP has not changed.

I have only been here for 5 months. The server was setup by an outside contractor. I will look to see if I can find the installation CDs, and see if OWs is on it.
    How are you trying access it from with inside or outside your network?

You can check to see if it is setup bu going to IIS manger go to the default website and look fo the Exchange hooks. find the one called exchange right click and browse.

it should prompt you for user name and password.

if you do not see it under the Default websit it is possible that they set it up under something else if that is the case look under IIS and see if there is another website.