pioneer dvr 106 problem

Thread: pioneer dvr 106 problem

Angry pioneer dvr 106 problem

HI i have a pioneer dvr106 i have updated the latest firmware for this but im still having a problem getting it to play dvds im using power dvd every time i press the play button it says no disc in drive but there is ??

Does the drive read data DVDs OK? And CDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus
    Does the drive read data DVDs OK? And CDs?
    i have tryed an original dvd and that works ok but when i play a copy it dosent work it says no disc in drive f but i know for a fact they did before and they play in my mates pc 100% perfect i have only had this problem since reinstalling xp ?????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boss12345
    i have tryed an original dvd and that works ok but when i play a copy it dosent work it says no disc in drive f but i know for a fact they did before and they play in my mates pc 100% perfect i have only had this problem since reinstalling xp ?????
    as it is playing "normal" dvd,s its working ok ,, now the "copies" are they dvd,s or vcd/svcd,s?

This could be because you haven't turned off windows xp native burning or you may have a corrupt aspi layer - get a new one here
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    This could be because you haven't turned off windows xp native burning or you may have a corrupt aspi layer - get a new one here
    i have tried the aspi layer and they still dont work, how do you turn off windows xp native burning, the copies are dvd-r, i copied all my dvds the same way they use to work, i rip them with dvd decrypter and burn them with clonedvd 2

Quote Originally Posted by boss12345
    i have tried the aspi layer and they still dont work, how do you turn off windows xp native burning, the copies are dvd-r, i copied all my dvds the same way they use to work, i rip them with dvd decrypter and burn them with clonedvd 2
    i have tried everythink i can think off but cant get it to play copied dvds i have tried dvds that have worked before that won't work now anyone got anymore idears pleeeeeeeease

This sounds like you might have a Digital Rights Management issue. Have you updated any media players recently?

To turn off native burning, open my computer, right click the dvd/cdrw drive, properties, click recording tab and uncheck the box.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."