Hello. I am new to this forum and need some help. I am not a computer geek. One of the threads referred to accessing "Device Manager" How do I do that? I checked Control Panel and it was not there.

Now for my problem, I am running a Dell Dimensions 8200 2.4 ghz, 120 g harddrive, 2g memory on XP SP2.

I have the following drives installed:
Dynex DX DVDRW8 internal in first port as slave

CD RW internal came with computer in second port as master (suggested by Dynex support)

Sony DVD RW DRX 530UL (external)

I just installed the Dynex yesterday replacing a CD/DVD rom so that I could read +R discs burned on the Sony and also be able to burn DVDs.
The Dynex will not burn with a Roxio version 5.? which I downloaded but the original software disc came with my Dell Inspiron 8500. It will not burn the Dynex DVDs. Says it cannot find a DVD recorder. However, Sony software, Sonic/Record Now will burn a +R Verbatim disc using the Dynex burner.

I have a Nero OEM software disc provided with the Dynex. Should I download it or just continue to use Sonic/Record Now. Sony told me that there are conflicts between Roxio and Sonic software and that I should add/remove Roxio. I am so confused.

Please help.

Bev