Screwed up my friend comp, plz help me out!

Thread: Screwed up my friend comp, plz help me out!

Thumbs down Screwed up my friend comp, plz help me out!

My friend has got amd comp. He had windows me installed. I deleted it and installed win98se on it. Now it's not detecting network card. I looked up into a system. I'm not sure, I think it's calles PCNet or smth. Is there such a thingie? if there is I need driver for it. Could u guys help me out?

and another thing, ít has got modem, the name of which I couldn't find as well. and there is not FCC ID number on it. It's kinda strange. It's not in the PCI SLot, it is attached to mbrd., but can be removed. and because of that I can't find suitable driver for it. HELLLLPPPPPP. I examined modem, it has similar layout as PC tel modems. nad besides it has numbers like: pct302d

And the last my request is, do u guys have win98 driver for SIS 530/620 display adaptor?

Thanx in advance.

I smell on board everything. But I am not sure. The mobo should have come with a driver disc. Ask. If it did, that should go a long way to fixing you up.
    For anyone to properly help you on here, You need to start with the system specs. To include all info you can get. If you can find out the motherboard manufacturer/model number, that would help alot.
    Use the advanced and beginner driver links off of the windrivers home page to help. Check the bios/motherboard identification links. Throughly read the instructions before you run any utility.
    Chances are your motherboard has on board modem/sound/video.
    So finding out that info should get you most the way home. SIS has a home/driver page, but you really need to get the drivers from your motherboard manufacturer.
    Wish I could help you more but I have a crisis.....half a bottle of wine down and an armed robbery in progress but that is for another post.
    The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. Well, the WINDrivers forum anyway.

Thumbs up

This sounds like a PC-Chips skt 7, ALL-in-ONE MoBo.

If so you will find the version number screen printed near the keyboard connector.

You can download drivers and manuals from:-
    www.pc-chips.com

Best of luck!

--------------------------------------------
    don't let the b******s grind you down

Cheers guys,
    I've got sound and video drivers now. Yes it is PC chips mbrd. I found out it using one of the utilities in this site. Now I'm d-ling drivers for modem and network card. It's taking so long. Any ideas where can I fine drivers other than PC chips' website?

Thanks

I would stick with the mobo manufacturers web site - that way you get the latest drivers
    Want to do something about todays kids?
    Mentor a Child !
    <a href="http://www.mentoring.org/rd" target="_blank">http://www.mentoring.org/rd</a>