ebay and gmail

Thread: ebay and gmail

Banned

ebay and gmail

ok , nice and simple ,,,been a member of ebay for a couple of years ,,,just buying ,,,not selling. did not have to give cc details ,

started using gmail ,,so i go to ebay to change details ,,

you cannot use a non ISP email address without giving cc details,

you can sign up with [email protected] or [email protected] ,,,without giving cc details ,,,but if u put [email protected] , you have to give cc details?

WTF is going on? ,,conspiricy against gmail?

this is happening on the UK site ,,dunno about the rest of the globe

Quote Originally Posted by freddy
    ok , nice and simple ,,,been a member of ebay for a couple of years ,,,just buying ,,,not selling. did not have to give cc details ,

started using gmail ,,so i go to ebay to change details ,,

you cannot use a non ISP email address without giving cc details,

you can sign up with [email protected] or [email protected] ,,,without giving cc details ,,,but if u put [email protected] , you have to give cc details?

WTF is going on? ,,conspiricy against gmail?

this is happening on the UK site ,,dunno about the rest of the globe
    Yea, that's pretty much how it works. eBay reasons that since you have an ISP given email account, then you are a real person, therefore you will not screw anyone over. If you go w/ a non-ISP address, then you have to prove that you are real...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by migel628
    Yea, that's pretty much how it works. eBay reasons that since you have an ISP given email account, then you are a real person, therefore you will not screw anyone over. If you go w/ a non-ISP address, then you have to prove that you are real...
    but i am not real? ,, the fact that i have x number of posative feedbacks , and have earned them x No of pounds in the last 3 yrs ,,,is of no concern

eBay reasons that since you have an ISP given email account, then you are a real person

what a load of bollocks!!!!! , i can sign up with at least 12 ISPs on a pay as you go service (local rate phone cost) , and have a email address within minutes,

i have in fact got several of those accounts , and use them for webspace ,,non of the info i have given is truthfull ,,,,

is the info i have supplied to this site the truth??

as i said what a load of bollocks!!!!! summots going on here ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by freddy
    ..as i said what a load of bollocks!!!!! summots going on here ,,,
    Yeah you are looking like you need one of my Tinfoil hats !

E-bay ain't exactly got it perfect security wise have they ? Tried a mail to them to see if they can expalin it ? otherwise I'd have been going with the first suggestion despite actually accepting what you say !

Banned
    yes 7 emails to them ,,,i have recieved 3 offers to do a survay , and 5 std letters suggesting i lookat the hhelp section.

not one human has read or understood my question

Quote Originally Posted by FTF
    ..not one human has read or understood my question..
    Well I read it & understood it .. so what ARE you saying ? - oh yeah you mean at e-bay ..

Somebody 'real' at e-bay answers my mail though .. I got a little missive back about it being still in beta & when it gets fully rolled out they'll review the situation.

So that sounds about right ?