Sony PlayStation 2

Thread: Sony PlayStation 2

Sony PlayStation 2

I am getting some flak from my 13 year daughter...

She has a PS2 (the nice blue one) with two matching controllers. I bought her a generic 8mb card so that she could save game states. She complains that most games will not save, but one will (Harry Potter).

A week ago she received a new genuine sony 8mb card with the same results. Is it likely the ps2 is faulty or is there something that can cause this problem?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    I am getting some flak from my 13 year daughter...

She has a PS2 (the nice blue one) with two matching controllers. I bought her a generic 8mb card so that she could save game states. She complains that most games will not save, but one will (Harry Potter).

A week ago she received a new genuine sony 8mb card with the same results. Is it likely the ps2 is faulty or is there something that can cause this problem?
    What is the PS2 model? It should be able to find the memory card. If it doesn't it might not work. So try another one and if it works then it's the memory card and if it does not it can be the memory card slot.

Some games need a few "blocks" of memory to save (some use 3 blocks some use 2 etc, the game box will say how many it uses, the card should say how many it has)

If a bunch of other game saves are on the card and this game requires 3 blocks to save and there are only 2 free... you know the rest.

you can 'boot up' the PS2 with the memory card in, but without a game in the disc tray and manage game saves on the memory card.

if you determine that it is a faulty PS2 or memory card slot, hold off on buying a new PS2, because they are releasing the newer, slimmer, better, faster, more gooder, model Nov 1st (in the US)

I'm gonna get one.

PS2 on Atkins...

"And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

Try the memory card in a different slot.... he says wondering when the last time was he dusted off his PS2 and whether you can choose the card to save to....

Is it a dedicated PS2 game? I have had one or two issues with PS1 games not saving properly.

Oh and NooNoo, admit it you're the one playing Harry Potter

What error does it give, out of interest?
    "Today is a Gift, thats why they call it the present"

yeah, if it is a PS1 game, it has to be saved on a PS1 memory card.
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by delmer_1
    yeah, if it is a PS1 game, it has to be saved on a PS1 memory card.
    Now that would make sense....

And guys, me trying to use one of them thar controller widgets? bwahahahahahahah. I long ago learned that if it doesn't work with a keyboard (mouse at a pinch) I can't play it.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Now that would make sense....

And guys, me trying to use one of them thar controller widgets? bwahahahahahahah. I long ago learned that if it doesn't work with a keyboard (mouse at a pinch) I can't play it.

Yes, it makes perfect sense...........to sony, so they can sell you 2 cards instead of 1
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-