Why is everyone all aggro today?

Thread: Why is everyone all aggro today?

Why is everyone all aggro today?

And it's not just on this board. It's happening IRL too. I've seen and been involved with some strange conflicts over the last week or so.

(In fact, tomorrow should be a fun day for me based on something that happened today at work,.. but thats another story. Anyway,.. keep your fingers crossed for your pal Wrbby,.. it could be disasterous.)

But yeah,... I sense a great disturbance in the force. This is just my opinion, but I feel like with the election drawing closer and with all the bad stuff happening in the world today, there is a great overall feeling of tension among people. Some people are in denial about it and try and act happy-go-lucky and others express it. But no matter how you look at it,... it's there. I wish the world could go back to being a shiny happy earth.
    Hello World

If only we could ban George Bush,... then lots of problems would start clearing up I bet.
    Hello World

I'd say it's not you it's me . . . . . but really IT'S YOU
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274

Thanks. Just what I needed (and WD, too): a little levity. Geesh: Butt Day and Booblie Day can't "come" quick enough this week.

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    Really? You really think it's just me? Well,.. sucks to be me then! Doh!

And I especially don't want to be me tomorrow. That's gonna be a doozy!
    So if you guys don't see me posting for the next couple days,.. you'll know there's drama goin down for Wrbby at work...
    Hello World

spill it wrbby. I want the juicy drama. because this stupid manufactured windrivers drama is like a really bad WCW storyline. give me the good $hit.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Problems at work wrbby? Well, best of luck man.

Well,.. it's like this:

I'm the tech at the office. My boss is the accounting guy who resides at the other site 250 miles away. The other guy is like a contracted network admin guy. He does most of the server work. He also resides remotely. I go in every day and fix problems as most of us here do. I'm on the front line.

Currently we are in a situation where everything is getting to be old and run down. Using computers and parts from like 1996. The building is old, etc. I go in everyday and do my best to keep things running. The management is stingy when it comes to spending money on computer related items,.. so it makes it even tougher.

Then there's this woman who is the head administrative (secretary) person. She kinda keeps all the administrative functions going.

Well,.. because of the current hardware problems,.. we have been discussing the best way to upgrade with the least cost. The network admin guy has his ideas, my boss (who thinks of himself as a computer guy) has his ideas and I have mine. Well most of my ideas get shot down usually, so I just gave up and do what they tell me to do.

Anyway,.. network admin guy and my boss decided as part of the first step to what they are going to do,.. is to move some files from one server to another. This company is "mapped drive letter" crazy and the moving of the files basically interrupted a lot of work. They never told me that files would be moved so I didn't know what to expect. All I know is that exactly as I walk in the door in the morning, administrative lady is telling me "my computer folder doesn't work". I say, "ok, no prob. Give me a sec and I'll fix it."

So I check my email and discover what they did. Ok no problem. So I go remap a drive letter for her and I think all is good. Well it's not. She told me I need to remap drive letters for everyone in the building. Ok cool. But I'm not going to do that right now,.. I got other stuff I have to do. So instead,.. I send a global email to everyone with a link to where the files are now located. That should suffice for the time being.

Well later in the afternoon,.. about 15 minutes before I'm about to leave,.. she calls me up and starts demanding that the frontdesk have this drive letter mapped, that it needs to be done, etc. etc. I got pissed on how she just started throwing demands at me so of course I fired back. Well, there were like 5 other people all around here (they were all trying to figure out how to map a drive letter). So we get in this pissing match in front of everyone and then she threatens to tell my boss. I said, "Ok". She thinks I was giving her attitude. Was I? Probably. Should I have? No,.. but the way she just calls me up, starts demanding ****, completely disrespecting my time and then starts questioning my work load just got me fired up. She also questioned my experience because she said my attitude was not appropriate in an office. I was like,.. WTF? I have NEVER EVER had a problem like this with anyone at work.

Basically it all sums up to this: I work in a ****hole, where they have one stinky *** bathroom to piss in, the owners won't spend any money, the workers are completely unorganized, there is no respect demonstrated as you should have "thick skin" to work there, demands are made on me, I have absolutely zero decision making ability, I constantly get questioned on what I am doing, and I honestly am miserable going to this place everyday.

Anyway,.. thats about it.
    Last edited by WebHead; October 7th, 2004 at 12:56 AM.
    Hello World

Don't you just love people who walk up to you and tell you you have it easy?

I'm at work yesterday (rent-a-cop security for the hospital) and some kinda nurse assistant medical type went past me and made a snipe about how easy my job was because I was sitting there reading...

Yeah b1tch I'll trade jobs with you ANY FRIGGING DAY.

You can have it all, my empire of dirt:

-12 hour shifts
    -Minimum Wage
    -No job security
    -No benefits
    -Crap from a$$holes like you
    -Crap from boss
    -Desperately trying to stay awake all day because you're fired if you fall asleep
    -Working all over the $@#^!$ town, midnight shifts, working out in the snow and the rain

And I'll take your nice cushy union position that pays triple the wage, full benefits, work as part of a nice team, and contribute something useful to society, and you can sit here at this goddamn door telling people in wheelchairs and crutches that no, they have to walk the half a kilometer all the way around the hospital to the main entrance instead of the one you're posted here to keep them out of...
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayward Clam
    Don't you just love people who walk up to you and tell you you have it easy?

I'm at work yesterday (rent-a-cop security for the hospital) and some kinda nurse assistant medical type went past me and made a snipe about how easy my job was because I was sitting there reading...

Yeah b1tch I'll trade jobs with you ANY FRIGGING DAY.

You can have it all, my empire of dirt:

-12 hour shifts
    -Minimum Wage
    -No job security
    -No benefits
    -Crap from a$$holes like you
    -Crap from boss
    -Desperately trying to stay awake all day because you're fired if you fall asleep
    -Working all over the $@#^!$ town, midnight shifts, working out in the snow and the rain

And I'll take your nice cushy union position that pays triple the wage, full benefits, work as part of a nice team, and contribute something useful to society, and you can sit here at this goddamn door telling people in wheelchairs and crutches that no, they have to walk the half a kilometer all the way around the hospital to the main entrance instead of the one you're posted here to keep them out of...
    Wow that sucks. How long have you been doing that?
    Hello World

Ever since the SARS scare... year and a half now I guess?

It's this cruddy economy, it's the only steady work available in my hole of a town...
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    She told me I need to remap drive letters for everyone in the building. Ok cool. But I'm not going to do that right now,.. I got other stuff I have to do. So instead,.. I send a global email to everyone with a link to where the files are now located. That should suffice for the time being.

Well later in the afternoon,.. about 15 minutes before I'm about to leave,.. she calls me up and starts demanding that the frontdesk have this drive letter mapped, that it needs to be done, etc. etc.

What, your net admin never heard of a login script?
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing

Wow that sucks. How long have you been doing that?
    So, both of you: how did it turn out today webby? Any progress? And to you Clam: best of luck and I hope things "work out" for you.

Well,.. it's like this:

I'm the tech at the office. My boss is the accounting guy who resides at the other site 250 miles away. The other guy is like a contracted network admin guy. He does most of the server work. He also resides remotely. I go in every day and fix problems as most of us here do. I'm on the front line.

Currently we are in a situation where everything is getting to be old and run down. Using computers and parts from like 1996. The building is old, etc. I go in everyday and do my best to keep things running. The management is stingy when it comes to spending money on computer related items,.. so it makes it even tougher.

Then there's this woman who is the head administrative (secretary) person. She kinda keeps all the administrative functions going.

Well,.. because of the current hardware problems,.. we have been discussing the best way to upgrade with the least cost. The network admin guy has his ideas, my boss (who thinks of himself as a computer guy) has his ideas and I have mine. Well most of my ideas get shot down usually, so I just gave up and do what they tell me to do.

Anyway,.. network admin guy and my boss decided as part of the first step to what they are going to do,.. is to move some files from one server to another. This company is "mapped drive letter" crazy and the moving of the files basically interrupted a lot of work. They never told me that files would be moved so I didn't know what to expect. All I know is that exactly as I walk in the door in the morning, administrative lady is telling me "my computer folder doesn't work". I say, "ok, no prob. Give me a sec and I'll fix it."

So I check my email and discover what they did. Ok no problem. So I go remap a drive letter for her and I think all is good. Well it's not. She told me I need to remap drive letters for everyone in the building. Ok cool. But I'm not going to do that right now,.. I got other stuff I have to do. So instead,.. I send a global email to everyone with a link to where the files are now located. That should suffice for the time being.

Well later in the afternoon,.. about 15 minutes before I'm about to leave,.. she calls me up and starts demanding that the frontdesk have this drive letter mapped, that it needs to be done, etc. etc. I got pissed on how she just started throwing demands at me so of course I fired back. Well, there were like 5 other people all around here (they were all trying to figure out how to map a drive letter). So we get in this pissing match in front of everyone and then she threatens to tell my boss. I said, "Ok". She thinks I was giving her attitude. Was I? Probably. Should I have? No,.. but the way she just calls me up, starts demanding ****, completely disrespecting my time and then starts questioning my work load just got me fired up. She also questioned my experience because she said my attitude was not appropriate in an office. I was like,.. WTF? I have NEVER EVER had a problem like this with anyone at work.

Basically it all sums up to this: I work in a ****hole, where they have one stinky *** bathroom to piss in, the owners won't spend any money, the workers are completely unorganized, there is no respect demonstrated as you should have "thick skin" to work there, demands are made on me, I have absolutely zero decision making ability, I constantly get questioned on what I am doing, and I honestly am miserable going to this place everyday.

As Nelson would say on The Simpsons, " HA! HA!"
    U.S. out of U.N.