DLLCache Folder and NTDLL.DLL issue

Thread: DLLCache Folder and NTDLL.DLL issue

DLLCache Folder and NTDLL.DLL issue

First I'd like to know the location of the DLLcache folder on the C: drive for windows XP. C:\windows\system32 it is not there and I have show system/hidden files and filders turned on as well.

Second, I'm having lots of computers getting explorer.exe is crashing due to NTDLL.DLL I did reasearch and traced it to a bad Security update. The fix is to replace the current NTdll.DLL with the one on the WinXP cd. Is there and easy way to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by DVader
    First I'd like to know the location of the DLLcache folder on the C: drive for windows XP. C:\windows\system32 it is not there and I have show system/hidden files and filders turned on as well.

Second, I'm having lots of computers getting explorer.exe is crashing due to NTDLL.DLL I did reasearch and traced it to a bad Security update. The fix is to replace the current NTdll.DLL with the one on the WinXP cd. Is there and easy way to do this?
    Mabe SFC or sytem file checker. Go to start run and type sfc /scannow note the space between sfc and the /scannow.
    Can't never did anything except whine about what he couldn't do.
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

http://www.northernaurora.com/page/index.html
    http://www.northernaurora.com/page/chat.html Free Chat

Quote Originally Posted by DVader

Then you have a problem C:\WINDOWS\system32 is the place - it shows up blue on my machine. How about hide protected files?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."