my beloved problem with pc cards..and dsl modems

Thread: my beloved problem with pc cards..and dsl modems

Question my beloved problem with pc cards..and dsl modems

well to make a long story short, i buy sell and trade equipment... i picked up a stupid gate way solo and um i got this 3com megahertz winmodem with it (3cxm356) xjack style 56k ne who ive been looking for two days and when i do actually find it and click on the link im forbiden access to the links host, i have no clue why...just am and this is from many many diferent sites..
    usually there is nothing out there that i cant find driver wise cuz i belong to about 3 billion communities for this stuff, but this one i am seeming to have a problem with...lol

my question for you all is number one, got ne idea where i can get this device driver without paying for it of course, number two if ne one has the driver for there own pc if they could mail a copy

second issue... i just switched from at&t cable to ameritech dsl and id like to put my two cents in that dsl sucks... at first i thought it might of been an aplication problem with programs conflicting, but i was wrong. every 4 min i lag out on most things for 1 min then im back up running. plus ameritechs dsl suport is a pain.. now i gotta go back to the manufacture to deal with this uggg. my advice to all with cable thinking about dsl is STICK WITH CABLE..

thx and if ne one can help me out with this driver issue plz email me at [email protected] because i prolly wont check boards here to often

stay kewl,

ken
    it wuzznt me! it was da one armed man!! i swear!! all the damn time!

[quote]Originally posted by sgrkaine:
    <strong>second issue... i just switched from at&t cable to ameritech dsl and id like to put my two cents in that dsl sucks... at first i thought it might of been an aplication problem with programs conflicting, but i was wrong. every 4 min i lag out on most things for 1 min then im back up running.</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is a very common problem and is easily fixed by doing this: <a href="http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.htm#15" target="_blank">http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.htm#15</a>

My personal experience:

Cable = Speed varies – shared bandwidth. (Can be extremely s l o w at times)
    Dynamic IP address
    Frequent outages / maintenance
    Customer support – virtually non-existent
    DSL = Consistent speed
    Static IP address
    Modem has only been reset once in 3 months.
    Customer support – not great, but at least the person was somewhat knowledgeable

Having switched from Cable to DSL a few months back, I will never switch back to cable.
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Driver issue fixed.
    Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
    Peter Ustinov