ATTN: Norton Internet Security users - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ATTN: Norton Internet Security users

Get off the guy's back, he just wants a little help. Is this tech forum or a testosterone forum?

Quote Originally Posted by emr
    Get off the guy's back, he just wants a little help. Is this tech forum or a testosterone forum?

You don't stop by the lounge much do you? Otherwise you wouldn't need to ask....

Didn't seem to be advertising to me, he needed some testers to test something for him..and someone asked what the software was, so he answered...
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

If you don't want to help him, don't post in this thread. yes the title is mis-leading, but that is why your browser has a BACK button.

AHHA!! so your the guy that made the program that enrages my fiancee... watch yer back... :P
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by PuterGeekGirl
    You don't stop by the lounge much do you? Otherwise you wouldn't need to ask....

Didn't seem to be advertising to me, he needed some testers to test something for him..and someone asked what the software was, so he answered...
    No you're right, I don't stop by the lounge much, too much brow beating by half. I have enough testosterone of my own thanks.

I did change the subject nit long at all after posting, but it is onlky reflected over my original post and not as the entire thread title.

Im sorry if you though the use of the word norton was for advertising, it was because norton has previsouly caused problems with my program so I needed norton users to test.

And honestly, I have no idea how anyone could have guessed which of the many snipers is mine other than my username which points to a website which has an ad for the software, if you want PM me to let em know and ill remove whatever it is I posted that can lead to my program, because I honestly am not aware of anything I posted that could point to it. Beleive me I have enough sales per day already, it's not 1-2 sales more from a message board that would make a difference, and I pay over $300 US/Month in advertising.

Well here's the good news (for me at least): I found the problem.

The program has a list view that lists all items (whether they are set to be sniped, or just watched), for some reason, if more than 1 item was set to be sniped, and one below the next item to be sniped ends after the next item to snipe, the program froze as it attempted to snipe the first one, but not if the other ending one was above the one ending next.

Wow, I just re-read that last paragragh, if you actually understand that let me know lol

For example if the list was like this it would work:
    Item #123 Ending in 6 minutes 18 seconds
    Item #234 Ending in 2 minutes 4 seconds

OR

Item #345 Ending in 2 minutes 29 seconds

But if the list contained an item ending after the other, with the one ending first on top, it would freeze:
    Item #456 Ending in 3 minutes 21 seconds
    Item #567 Ending in 4 minutes 57 seconds

No wonder it took me a week to find the cause of this problem! It was driving me crazy, for all I knew it could have froze depending on what color shirt they were wearing, I didnt know where to look anymore, check internet settings, firewalls, operating system, connection speed, none of those ended being related to the problem.

Well now that I've finally identified the problem (the hard part), all I need to do is find the cause and fix it (the easy part). I should have it fixed version by the end of the weekend now.

I must thank the users who have been having the problem who have helped me a lot, provided screen shots and answered all my questions which is what lead me to the cause of the problem.
    Last edited by ClickHere2Surf.com; October 17th, 2004 at 02:30 AM.