Nvidia GeForce 2 MX w/ TV Tuner about to close at eBay for $1

Thread: Nvidia GeForce 2 MX w/ TV Tuner about to close at eBay for $1

Angry Nvidia GeForce 2 MX w/ TV Tuner about to close at eBay for $1

Hi Gang,

I'm about to lose my shirt yet again, by not setting a reserve price (lesson learned). My ASUS GeForce 2MX video card with an integrated TV Tuner (swheet!) is about to go for 1 dollar because I only got one bid. I can't believe that, but frankly it scares me.

Please go check it out and place a bid. How can you go wrong?

Thanks,
    Christian Blackburn

Question What happened?

So, did anyone bump the bid, or did they steal it for a dollar?
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Hi El Squid,

Some guys in another group told me I could retract the one bid that stood and cancel the auction. By that time there had already been 4 bids and the auction was up to a whole dollar and 80 cents (woop!). So I cancelled all the bids, and then it wouldn't let me cancel the auction. I watched it closely and no-one else bid, then in the last 3 seconds somebody bid and I didn't have enough time to cancel so yes, he got it for $1. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Cheers,
    Christian Blackburn

Tough break, seier!

As you said, live and learn. I might have bid on that card, as I could find use for it in upgarding the youngest one's box, but I do not do plastic (credit or debit cards), nor online purchases of anything. I mostly do cash transactions, at that. Yes, I am paranoid!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Hi El Squid,

I'm sure you would be able to buy such a card from someone on eBay, but not from me. It's just a bigger hassle and people don't like hassles. Credit cards are very safe, don't forget you can contest any charges even if you don't loose the card, it's not your fault if someone fraudulently uses your number. You just have to look at your statement once a month and check for unknown charges. I can never understand why people don't have plastic money for that reason. Just make sure your bank is willing to refund the charges if a problem arises. One bright side to cash transactions is that your income becomes an MYOB technology. Also are you aware that while using paypal the store you buy from never gets your credit card number? They just get the money and paypal will facilitate a refund if necessary. Then if paypal doesn't feel like giving you a refund you can still contest the charges with your local bank, so again I think it's very safe. The only times I've ever had my number used is when I've lost my wallet and I typically know when that happens and even when I've called in after the charges have started I still haven't had to pay for them. I still think using cash is great and it's a terrific way to keep track of your spending, with no books to balance, but I suggest you get a credit/debit card for the convenience and gargantuan savings that can come from online purchases. For example a USB cable is about 7-25 bucks in a local store. I can get them online for 1.50 to 2 dollars depending on 5 or 12 feet! Oh sure they'll stick you on shipping, but I'm a repairman and can afford to buy in bulk.

Cheers,
    Christian Blackburn
    Thanks,
    Christian Blackburn
    www.RawSeattle.org

Hi El Squid,

You probably already know this, but NewEgg will accept checks. Do you use checks? Do you have a bank? You can always get money orders if you don't have a bank.

Cheers,
    Christian Blackburn
    Thanks,
    Christian Blackburn
    www.RawSeattle.org

seier,

I do use checks and have had a checking account at the same credit union for over twenty five years. They know me very well and I can do most transactions verbally. When I need a loan, for a car say, I can walk in early Wednesday morning, fill out the form and walk out Wednesday afternoon with the check. (Has to be Wednesday, as that is when their Board meets.) I'll check out NewEgg, thanks for the tip.

El Squid

Hi El Squid,

You're welcome for the NewEgg tip. They have sales of the day and actually have good prices on what's on sale, so you might check that out too. I've been shopping there for about 7 years. Although, there are plenty of other good online stores like SurplusComputers.

Cheers,
    Christian Blackburn
    Thanks,
    Christian Blackburn
    www.RawSeattle.org

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    Almost Everytime I see an item go for a rediculous price the seller does not accept

Money orders.

I only pay on E-Bay by money order.How many potential bidders or buyers did you lose?

I would have easily bid $15.00 but, you have your methods of payment eliminating
    half of the potential buyers.

Pay Pal and Charge Card only !! the rest of the world can go to hell!! Think about it.
    Last edited by street1; May 25th, 2006 at 04:37 PM. Reason: I left out that little flaming smiling Devil

Hi Street1,

>I would have easily bid $15.00 but, you have your methods of payment eliminating
    >half of the potential buyers.

I'll be the first to admit that eBay would have to be biased on the issue, but according to their statistics about 90 of buyers use PayPal when they make purchases, so I'm not really seeing where I'm loosing half of all potential customers.

If you were going to have bid 15 dollars, you could have always clicked on Ask Seller, and I might have switched purchasing options. Just an FYI for future reference.

Cheers,
    Christian Blackburn
    Last edited by seier; May 25th, 2006 at 05:05 PM.

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    Thank You -seier-Robert Street