Not Hot Tigerdirect Deals
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not Hot Tigerdirect Deals

Angry Not Hot Tigerdirect Deals

Heres a tidbit about tigerdirect rebates that some may find interesting.

Tigerdirect Owns Its own rebate company now called OnRebate
    At least thats what I gathered from WhoIs .

Registrant:
    TigerDirect, Inc.
    ATTN: ONREBATE.COM
    c/o Network Solutions
    P.O. Box 447
    Herndon, VA. 20172-0447

Domain Name: ONREBATE.COM

Heres the apparent scam:
    They send out Short Time limit email offers such as this product
    Ends 6/30

You go to their website to get rebate Forms and discover you need internet access to get the rebate form . Ok Fine, Then Discover that The Site Apparently OWNED By Tigerdirect NOT functional,Their Email address at the sites not valid,The Phone number goes straight to FAX.
    Since the sites not functional,You get NO Email verification,Therefore you can NOT proceed to get the rebate form.
    Even The SEND verification again button Does nothing.
    Therefore, No Form, No Rebate,

Read There Policies further and discover this.

" Automatic Information collected by us:
    We (or agents on our behalf) collect anonymous information from visits to our sites through the use of “Web Beacons.” Web Beacons are simply web page elements which may employ cookie technology that enable us to record anonymous data about visits to or transactions made on our web site. This anonymous information is sometimes known as “clickstream data.” We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to improve your online experience, or customer service. No personal data is collected through the use of Web Beacons on our sites. Through the use of cookies, we may also collect and analyze the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as your browser type and version; operating system and platform; purchase history; confirmation when you open e-mail that we send you; and the URLs which lead you to and around our Web site including the date and time. Your browser allows you to reject cookies and software is available from third parties which will allow you to visit our Web site without providing this information. You are welcomed at our Web site if you use this software but we will not be able to offer you our personalized services and we will be unable to accept any orders from you.

Correct Me If Im Wrong,, But Does This look like a great scam?
    Trout
    Last edited by Trout; June 27th, 2004 at 08:23 AM.

Yeah: that sounds like bullsheet!
    I wonder if their customer service is just a good?

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    I used to buy from a site called package2u. It was very similiar to Evertek. I later found out it was Tiger Directs wholesalse, closeout site. Now the site calls itself TigerSurplus.com ( http://66.216.68.88/index.html). I never had any problems but it has been awhile since I bought from them. Just an FYI

Edited by NooNoo: Techs has apologised for linking tiger surplus with tiger direct and agrees it is not anything to do with Tiger Direct. Techs has also bought from this site without any problems and will do so again. Please see his posts on the next page.
    Last edited by NooNoo; July 26th, 2004 at 12:04 PM.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

Let me make this kind of simple: Tigerdirect ****ing sucks. Do not order from the scamming bastards, because rebates aren't the only way they will try to rip you off.

Order from quality companies:

Newegg
    TCWO
    SVC
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

I have had very positive experiences with
    http://www.targetpcinc.com

Have bought lots of parts, and several computers from these folks. It would be much cheaper if I lived in the lower 48, but they get their orders to me remarkably fast.

Also, I ordered a kit that had 900mhz Duron as part of it. 900 was out of stock, so they just threw in a 1200 for the same price without telling me. When I called them, they said that if I ordered something which ended up being out of stock by their error, they just upgraded at the same cost.

They said this avoids many complaints

Anyone else have any experience with Target PC?
    Last edited by Tekboy; June 27th, 2004 at 05:03 PM.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

So far, be it from me and some acquaintances, we've bought and received rebates for the follwing from TigerDirect Canada:

• Desktop PC (brother)
    • Laptop (friend)
    • Projection screen (friend)
    • Wireless router (I actually made 0.50$ on that deal, since the 40$US covered the 40$ CAN purchase price and the postage fees to send ou the rebate)
    Everyone got their rebates and products as expected.
    Last edited by a d e p t; August 13th, 2004 at 02:46 PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

NEWEGG Rocks Plain and Simple,
    Ive also purchased from Mwave also ,
    But darn it,Every once in a while, I Need Something "NOW" and choices are very limited.
    Tiger_defect being very close by.(under an hr drive)
    I Guess what really bugs me is just the fact that they regularly offer deals that are to good to be true, BUT alas,They ARE to good to be true.
    And this company really pushes these products hard,10s of Thousands of units sold,@ 20 bucks a shot.
    Now that they own their OWN Rebate company,AndMarket their OWN Rebates,
    My Guess Is It wont be long till they get busted~!!
    In the past 6 months, I have acqumulated 10 rebates owed me,All over $20.00,
    And All on Soyo or syntax products.
    I keep copies of EVERYTHING, Record mailed dates on paperwork, Regularly check online statuses, EVERY "T" Crossed,, Every "I" Dotted,Yet NONE of them get paid out. Even Priority Mail WITH Delivery Conformation gets "LOST IN MAIL"
    YEEEEEEAAAAAH RIIIIIIIGHT, Call Me The Pope TOO~!

I Guess Im Understanding now, why so many class action suites get filed these days. Oh Id Love to see one on these guys.

Trout

Sadly we have no such thing as "rebates" here, it would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by techs
    I used to buy from a site called package2u. It was very similiar to Evertek. I later found out it was Tiger Directs wholesalse, closeout site. Now the site calls itself TigerSurplus.com ( http://66.216.68.88/index.html). I never had any problems but it has been awhile since I bought from them. Just an FYI
    I have no clue where you got your information from, but that person is 100% wrong. We have never, nor will we ever be affiliated with tigerdirect in any shape of form.

We are in a small town in Texas called Grand Saline, I am the technical support supervisor for the company there, anyone wishing to verify is welcomed to call us at 903-962-0011 and ask for Ryan they'll put ya through to me.

This is how people give companys bad names by spreading rumors that simply aren't true on forums. We have NEVER bought or sold ANYTHING from www.tigerdirect.com and we are DEFINATELY not Tiger Directs Wholesale site.

Just thought I would respond for our company about this false statement this person has wrote.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    I smell a conspiracy,,,,
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by rlee
    I have no clue where you got your information from, but that person is 100% wrong. We have never, nor will we ever be affiliated with tigerdirect in any shape of form.

We are in a small town in Texas called Grand Saline, I am the technical support supervisor for the company there, anyone wishing to verify is welcomed to call us at 903-962-0011 and ask for Ryan they'll put ya through to me.

This is how people give companys bad names by spreading rumors that simply aren't true on forums. We have NEVER bought or sold ANYTHING from www.tigerdirect.com and we are DEFINATELY not Tiger Directs Wholesale site.

Just thought I would respond for our company about this false statement this person has wrote.

Welcome to Windrivers rlee. I have messaged techs and requested that he look at the thread. I have also asked him how he came to the conclusion that the site quoted was part of tiger direct.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hi,
    Im not sure if directing to information from a different rip-off forum is allowed here.
    SO
    Please Mods, Delete the links Im putting here if its not allowed.

Theres a pretty good site online called rip-off reports, and a current thread that Tigerdirect seems to be responding to,
    Heres a quote from a alleged employee of tiger.

TigerDirect // OnRebate.com - The mystery explained!

George,***

I appreciate your thorough rant regarding your experience with submitting a rebate, not getting an email confirmation then taking the time to notice that the domain is owned by TigerDirect, Inc.

Well, there you are correct, the domain is owned by TigerDirect, Inc.

TigerDirect purchased this URL several months ago when we saw it was available and it was a 'GOOD' domain. Rebates are often difficult for customers to find the form, find out what is going on with it, try to locate ALL the details in one place. We wanted to find a company who could provide a new, innovative approach to rebates. We shared our ideas with several people, searching the globe for the right service. Several months later onRebate.com was born.
    The entire thread is located here Ripoff link *** He Called me George because I registered as G. XXXXXXX , I Guess everyone with the first initial of "G" is a corporate George just like Best Buy Calling all soccer moms
    "JANES" <~~ Profilers s*ck !!
    trout

Edit,
    a further note, I agree with rlee, Tigersurplus is not a part of tigerdirect.
    In My area, Tigerdirect sells all their returned, Damaged,Out Dated,and defective crap out of their clearance center.
    Even The Miami branch ships tons of crap to the naperville illinois outlet.
    Last edited by Trout; July 25th, 2004 at 08:33 AM.

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    NooNoo contacted me to call my attention to the fact that a technician posted a reply saying TigerSurplus is not part of TigerDirect. The reason I thought they were part of Tiger Direct is because TigerSurplus used to be called Package2u and had a url of http://66.216.68.88/index.html Then about 2 years ago(?) they changed their name to TigerSurplus. I seem to remember also reading something on the TigerDirect site at the time talking about their new surplus division. I certainly may have been mistaken about this. I have looked at the TigerDirect site and see no mention of TigerSurplus.
    I will take the technicicans claim at face value. However, on the TigerSurplus site when you click About Us this is what it says:

"TigerSurplus is located in the small rural town of Grand Saline, Texas with 4 downtown warehouses & over 100 different items In Stock to choose from at prices far below retail. We have built relations with manufactures to bring you tremendous savings on name brand items. In addition, many of the items we offer are from companies, businesses and Manufactures that have went out of business bringing the savings home to you in a business-to-consumer e-commerce format.
    We add items daily so please keep us bookmarked"

So on their site they don't say they are, or aren't affiliated with TigerDirect. At the least you have to wonder if they used the name TigerSurplus to captilize on the name recognition of TigerDirect.
    I also wonder (being the skeptic I am) why the technician words it:
    "We have NEVER bought or sold ANYTHING from www.tigerdirect.com and we are DEFINATELY not Tiger Directs Wholesale site."
    Since on their site they do buy from many companies, businesses and Manufactures are they saying they never buy from other retailers overstocked or discontinued items? I was once informed by Compgeeks a similiar site that they often do buy such items. So by saying they don't buy from the url www.tigerdirect.com the same way you or I do they leave open the fact they may still buy from the tigerdirect company in a company to company transaction. This is complete speculation on my part.

I would like to say I have never had a problem buying from TigerSurplus. However, I would challenge them to state plainly on their site that they are not affiliated with Tigerdirect. Otherwise I have an issue with their name being misleading.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by techs
    NooNoo contacted me to call my attention to the fact that a technician posted a reply saying TigerSurplus is not part of TigerDirect. The reason I thought they were part of Tiger Direct is because TigerSurplus used to be called Package2u and had a url of http://66.216.68.88/index.html Then about 2 years ago(?) they changed their name to TigerSurplus. I seem to remember also reading something on the TigerDirect site at the time talking about their new surplus division. I certainly may have been mistaken about this. I have looked at the TigerDirect site and see no mention of TigerSurplus.
    I will take the technicicans claim at face value. However, on the TigerSurplus site when you click About Us this is what it says:

"TigerSurplus is located in the small rural town of Grand Saline, Texas with 4 downtown warehouses & over 100 different items In Stock to choose from at prices far below retail. We have built relations with manufactures to bring you tremendous savings on name brand items. In addition, many of the items we offer are from companies, businesses and Manufactures that have went out of business bringing the savings home to you in a business-to-consumer e-commerce format.
    We add items daily so please keep us bookmarked"

So on their site they don't say they are, or aren't affiliated with TigerDirect. At the least you have to wonder if they used the name TigerSurplus to captilize on the name recognition of TigerDirect.
    I also wonder (being the skeptic I am) why the technician words it:
    "We have NEVER bought or sold ANYTHING from www.tigerdirect.com and we are DEFINATELY not Tiger Directs Wholesale site."
    Since on their site they do buy from many companies, businesses and Manufactures are they saying they never buy from other retailers overstocked or discontinued items? I was once informed by Compgeeks a similiar site that they often do buy such items. So by saying they don't buy from the url www.tigerdirect.com the same way you or I do they leave open the fact they may still buy from the tigerdirect company in a company to company transaction. This is complete speculation on my part.

I would like to say I have never had a problem buying from TigerSurplus. However, I would challenge them to state plainly on their site that they are not affiliated with Tigerdirect. Otherwise I have an issue with their name being misleading.
    Hello there,

Thank you for replying back.

I can explain why we are no longer www.package2you.com. I've been with the company for 3 years now, the reason we are no longer package2you is not because we wanted to 'change' our domain name, matter of fact if we could get it back we would gladly. The simple truth of the matter is this, we have two owners, Tony Welch and Denonda Adams, Mr. Welch handles all purchases for our company, being one of the owners he also handles the webhosting for our website along with our domain. Mr. Welch simply did not renew his domain lease after it had expired and evidently didn't receive a email from his registrar when it was about to expire, thus one day out of the blue it was 'gone'. During this time we of course were totally shocked because we lost all of our customers for the fact most of them didn't know our IP address. During this period Mr. Welch immediatly contacted our domain registrar in which they told us the domain name had in fact expired, and on top of that in a matter of 24 hours it was hijacked by some asia company in which they wanted a LARGE amount of money to give it back to us, we wouldn't meet there price thus we had to come up with a name quick as we were losing our customers by the hour because they couldn't get to our website.

Mr. Welch and Mrs. Adams then overnight sat down and come up with www.tigersurplus.com, believe me we have gotten a few emails in the past (although rarely now) asking if we were actually www.tigerdirect.com or part of them. I will say this again, we are NOT any shape or form part of www.tigerdirect.com, I will also say as I stated we have never purchased, sold, ect from www.tigerdirect.com.

Speculating is one thing, coming on a forum and clearly stating we ARE part of a company that this forum clearly doesn't like or has bad dealings with is another thing, by making that statement you lead others to believe we are in fact part of TigerDirect in which I do feel I have to defend my companies name as that statement is 100% false.

I am not sure what more I can say to prove my claim, however if you seriously look at where we are (town is population of 2500), we are locally owned by the two people mentioned above in which you can call and reach anyone of us at our office Monday through Friday 8-5 central time I or the owners would be more than happy to discuss this further.

-Ryan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers rlee. I have messaged techs and requested that he look at the thread. I have also asked him how he came to the conclusion that the site quoted was part of tiger direct.
    Thank you kindly sir