This is a tough problem
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is a tough problem

This is a tough problem

So there's this office right across from mine. There used to be this hot chick in that office, but she found a new job and left the company. Then they promoted teh frontdesk chick and now she's in that office (she's really nice,.. but Yuck). And I didn't realize this before, but she's got this annoying, phlegmy, throat clearing thing she does about once every 15 seconds. It's friggin gross. So I'm sitting here everyday having to listen to *ackkggghllergg* 4 times a minute. I've thought about a radio to try and drown it out, but I don't think it will work. Maybe I should offer her a cough drop to kinda/sorta drop a hint? I dunno though,... if I don't figure something out, I will have to quit this job. I can't listen to this everyday.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    So there's this office right across from mine. There used to be this hot chick in that office, but she found a new job and left the company. Then they promoted teh frontdesk chick and now she's in that office (she's really nice,.. but Yuck). And I didn't realize this before, but she's got this annoying, phlegmy, throat clearing thing she does about once every 15 seconds. It's friggin gross. So I'm sitting here everyday having to listen to *ackkggghllergg* 4 times a minute. I've thought about a radio to try and drown it out, but I don't think it will work. Maybe I should offer her a cough drop to kinda/sorta drop a hint? I dunno though,... if I don't figure something out, I will have to quit this job. I can't listen to this everyday.
    A little hint the size of an anvil usually works for me!
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

She may have allergies, a cold or something and offering her an cough drop like this "Hey, you sound a bit under the weather, can I offer you a cough drop?" might help in more ways than one.
    I am Scuzzlebutt, Lord of the Mountains, behold my Patrick Duffy leg!

S...she's got this annoying, phlegmy, throat clearing thing she does about once every 15 seconds. It's friggin gross. So I'm sitting here everyday having to listen to *ackkggghllergg* 4 times a minute.
    She sounds just like you in politicos.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    She sounds just like you in politicos.
    I am Scuzzlebutt, Lord of the Mountains, behold my Patrick Duffy leg!

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    I'd just make a point of every time she does it, simply asking "Are you ok?" Don't be smart or anything, just ask it as if you are genuinely concerned.

After a bit, she'll become conscious of how oftern she does it and take the hint, or she'll get tired of answering you every time she lets out this Hungarian swamp-moose mating call!

Good luck!

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    I'd just make a point of every time she does it, simply asking "Are you ok?" Don't be smart or anything, just ask it as if you are genuinely concerned.

After a bit, she'll become conscious of how oftern she does it and take the hint, or she'll get tired of answering you every time she lets out this Hungarian swamp-moose mating call!

Good luck!

Or you could make it into a b-boxing kinda thing. Every time she hits her beat you rip off a little somethin somethin after hers and try to get a little kickin jam session goin.

It could be a habit she developed over the course of being the receptionist and having to answer the phone at any given second. The longer she has been a receptionist the longer and more annoying your beats will have to be to make her stop. Either way it will be fun for you.
    WWBRD?

Offer her a de-congestant.

Get a stereo or white noise machine...so you can't hear her...

I always thought dropping a copy of the "want ads" in front of somebody was a pretty subtle hint...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Go in and pound her on the back...or perfrom hymlic (sp?) manuever.....tell her you thought she was choking...
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

After she does it ask her if she was in the movie "Attack of the Phlegm Creature"
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

Quote Originally Posted by PuterGeekGirl
    Go in and pound her on the back...or perfrom hymlic (sp?) manuever.....tell her you thought she was choking...
    Every time she does it no less.
    It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. -- Albert Einstein
    It said 'Insert disk #3', but only two will fit. -- The average customer.
    "There is no need for any individual to have a computer in their home." – Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977 …….

[email protected]

Banned
    Flick boogers at her

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    She may have a mild case of Tourette's Syndrome. She may become offended if you follow any of the above suggestions.
    Sergeant WOTPP