DVD Rom & Writer not present in MY COMPUTER

Thread: DVD Rom & Writer not present in MY COMPUTER

DVD Rom & Writer not present in MY COMPUTER

This happened to me a few days ago and I don't exactly know what I did to fix it, but now it's happened again....

I turned on my computer and it took a long time to load. When it finally did, it is not recognizing my CD/DVD Rom or my DVD writer. Even when I open MY COMPUTER they do not show up there. I've had them installed now for at least 4 months and have never had any problems with them prior to this.

The only option I can think of is maybe a system restore. Does anyone else have any ideas? It's appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to windrivers j333walk. If you open bios configuration (usually by pressing f1, f2 or del at boot) are the drives recognized there?
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Welcome to windrivers j333walk. If you open bios configuration (usually by pressing f1, f2 or del at boot) are the drives recognized there?

Thanks for the reply....

I think I figured out the problem (although I don't know why it would do this).

I turned it on again this morning and it took forever to load like it's been doing and the DVD rom & writer were still not recognized. I saw that I had left a dvd in the tray, so I ejected it and figured I'd restart my computer to see if it had an effect. Sure enough, when it restarted, it loaded in no time in and both my DVD rom and writer drives were present in MY COMPUTER and working properly. I don't understand it, but I'm glad it's working now!