Please can anyone help??

I have a 3 month old computer which I have had to re fromat the drive and clean install the system on. The system seems to be running ok now but all of the USB ports are refusing to work, they have previously worked OK

The Sytem is as follows Win.XP Home Edition V.2002 SP2 AMD Athlon XP3200+ 2.20GHz, 1.00GB Ram, motherboard ASRock K7S8X / K7S8XE

Can you tell me what to do to make USB devices work. At the moment when I connect my USB devices (Canon Eos 300D & 20D, Ipod and an omni media reader - all new devices using USB2), The PC recognises the hardware presence,
launches the found new hardware wizard, which gives the following error

'cannot install this hardware, Canon Digital Camera, An error occurred during the instalation of the divice, the data is invalid, click finish to close the wizard.'

This happens with all the devices i connect.
However I have previously installed all the necessay drivers from brand new CDRoms.
For example for the Digital Camera - the device Manager gives a yellow exclamation mark over the listing of Imaging Device for Canon Digital Camera, the properties of which state

'The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28). To reinsatll the drivers for thids device , click reinstall drivers'

If you then attempt to reinstall the drivers through the wizard (as suggested) the following meassage is received

'cannot install this hardware, Canon Digital Camera, An error occurred during the instalation of the divice, the data is invalid, click finish to close the wizard.'

This occurs through both automatic and custom install, with the Cd present.

It seems strange that this occurs with a number of different USB devices, therefore suggests a computer problem as opposed to the device.

Further information which may ve relevant includes:

A recurrent error on start up

'NVIDIA Video capture universal and NVIDIA WDM A/V Crossbar are detected as found new hardware',

launching the hardware wizard - however again this wizard fails with the same error as above.

Device manager lists USB controllers as follows;

(When I connect an Ipod it shows) 'Ipod' and a yellow exclamation mark
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS PCI to USB enhances Host Controller
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

Should there be multiples of the same thing as shown?
---------------------------------------------------
Please see the Hijack This log below if it helps any

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 12:42:10, on 23/10/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\CA\ETRUST~1\ETRUST~1\VetTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\MultiMedia Keyboard\MultiMedia Keyboard\1.0\KbdAp32A.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Miramar\PC MACLAN\ATMsg.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\isafe.exe
C:\Program Files\Miramar\PC MACLAN\ATSERVER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Miramar\PC MACLAN\ATSPOOL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\helpctr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpHost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\CA\ETRUST~1\ETRUST~1\Vet32.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Gus Colley\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VetTray] C:\PROGRA~1\CA\ETRUST~1\ETRUST~1\VetTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HTpatch] C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiSUSBRG] C:\WINDOWS\SiSUSBrg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LWBKEYBOARD] C:\Program Files\MultiMedia Keyboard\MultiMedia Keyboard\1.0\KbdAp32A.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Miramar Systems, Inc.] C:\Program Files\Miramar\PC MACLAN\atmsg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Print Spooler] spools.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: LimeWire 4.0.8.lnk = C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire 4.0.8\LimeWire.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.co...?1096400408926

Thanks