[RESOLVED] DVD decoder software

Thread: [RESOLVED] DVD decoder software

BrianK

Question DVD decoder software

I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I have a Gateway Solo 9100 with a DVD-ROM drive. I got an error message stating that my DVD decoder card driver had become corrupt, and to reinstall. Okay, when I tried to use the recovery disk, it was unreadable, and after contacting tech support, they said I should also have a 3.5" floppy labelled C-Cube/DVD Navigator, which I was never issued. They are going to charge me $25 for a new recovery disk. I was curious if somebody could help me find a driver info file C3DVD.inf, for the DVD decoder driver. I have an updated version of the software, but it is incompatible with the older hardware. The decoder card is made by C-Cube, model Ziva-DS, and seems to be marketed under Mpact Mediaware.
    If anybody could help me out, I would appreciate it.
    [email protected]

Good luck!! I have been trying for weeks to get the drivers for the C-Cube DVD decoder. I lost my original floppy #1 of 2 and Gateway was unable to help at all. The company C-Cube is gone and no one is supporting this early drive. I've tried numerous other drivers to see if I can get them to work and no good. I can play a DVD but without the acceleration/interlacing from the driver, it's jerky and unwatchable.

Please!!! Someone out there!!! If you have the original floppies, I will PAY you for the files if you are willing to copy and send them via email. I can pay you with PayPal if you prefer.

Just install a software decode pack, like KLite Codec Pack 1.03 http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    Just install a software decode pack, like KLite Codec Pack 1.03 http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm
    Yeah but I don't think that was around in 2000, look at the date of the opening post , & IBHomer who woke the thread seems to need a hardware card to help his video & cpu do decoding, but newer codecs should help that, though I'm not sure how much .. I'd be interested to know though

Missed the date, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    Missed the date, my bad.
    No your answers relevant (& I've just struck out again trying to hunt this decoder s/w !) .. but normally you've got codecs in the video card & then software codecs & windows spills what the driver can't directly handle to s/w, I dunno how it'll all interact if we've got two lots of hardware decoding & more codecs than its propably ever heard of in its drivers, which was why I was interested still to see if helped... it might well work perfect or not at all this is quite an old lappy with not so much memory, so loading up s/w tasks might not help, it might be ok - the only way to see for sure is to try