Man Cheats on Girlfriend & Gets Robbed by an Internet Date

Thread: Man Cheats on Girlfriend & Gets Robbed by an Internet Date

Man Cheats on Girlfriend & Gets Robbed by an Internet Date

This one will teach ya to be faithful

Online date turns sour when man is reportedly robbed

THE NEWS TRIBUNE
    Monday, October 25th, 2004 12:01 AM (PDT)

A man who came to Tacoma last week for a blind date he’d arranged over the Internet told police he got robbed instead.
    The Tukwila resident, 38, reported the alleged robbery Thursday.

He told an officer he drove to a house in the 3200 block of North 27th Street on Oct. 18 to pick up “Ashley,” whom he’d met in an Internet chat room.

When he arrived, he said, he was told to wait for Ashley, who was upstairs. Then, he said, a large man came in and demanded to know who he was, the report stated. When the Tukwila resident responded that he was there to pick up Ashley, the large man – described as 5-foot, 9 inches tall and 300 pounds – yelled, “Ashley’s a minor.” He then demanded the Tukwila man’s cash, according to the report.

When Ashley’s would-be suitor said he didn’t have any, the large man forced him to drive to a nearby convenience store and withdraw $160 cash from an ATM, police reported.

The Tukwila man later told police he never got to meet Ashley and suspects the whole thing was a set-up.

When asked why he didn’t report the robbery sooner, the man said he didn’t want his girlfriend to find out he was trolling for other dates online, the report stated
    Bouncy Bouncy

Your neighborhood there Orange?
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

So which one were you... the victim, the big guy, or Ashley?
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...that's only about half a mile from where I used to live four months ago. Owned!
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...that's only about half a mile from where I used to live four months ago. Owned!
    You made a most excellent move there Spiff! From ugly to beautiful sceneries.
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by Wayward Clam
    So which one were you... the victim, the big guy, or Ashley?
    Naw, I was the girl's nineteen-year-old sister: Mary-Kate sitting in the closet

Too bad he never got to meet Ashley, she is one foxey lady
    Last edited by Orangeman; October 25th, 2004 at 03:16 PM.
    Bouncy Bouncy

Quote Originally Posted by jitBob
    You made a most excellent move there Spiff! From ugly to beautiful sceneries.
    The contrast between living in North Tacoma, next the the University of Puget Sound, and Gig Harbor is amazing. It's dark at night and quiet all the time. No more living under the approach for McChord AFB. No more sirens passing by at all hours of the day and night. No more drunk college kids breaking beer bottles on my front lawn or porch. No more having to lag bolt everything down because otherwise it'll be stolen.

Working out of my house eliminates most of the commute issues relating to that stupid bridge. I hate that bridge. I hate the traffic backups caused by the bridge. I hate stupid drivers that stop on the freeway when somebody sneezes. I hate brussel sprouts, too...

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    The contrast between living in North Tacoma, next the the University of Puget Sound, and Gig Harbor is amazing. It's dark at night and quiet all the time. No more living under the approach for McChord AFB. No more sirens passing by at all hours of the day and night. No more drunk college kids breaking beer bottles on my front lawn or porch. No more having to lag bolt everything down because otherwise it'll be stolen.

Working out of my house eliminates most of the commute issues relating to that stupid bridge. I hate that bridge. I hate the traffic backups caused by the bridge. I hate stupid drivers that stop on the freeway when somebody sneezes. I hate brussel sprouts, too...
    Hellsbells Spiff you could have moved up to Eagle River. You would have got the dark and the quiet. You wouldn't have had to worry about no stinkin' bridge and brussel sprouts are illegal in Alaska. Your only worry would have been the moose crappin' all over the yard (ibunny spent 2 days cleaning da moose poop this weekend) and that pesky snowy stuff for about 4 months or so.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Spaceman forgot to mention the AROMA he moved away from as well! I was class of '67 at Lincoln HS in Tacoma. Went back for an afternoon in '92, and decided to keep driving. The pull of nostalgia was totally gone.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy
    Spaceman forgot to mention the AROMA he moved away from as well! I was class of '67 at Lincoln HS in Tacoma. Went back for an afternoon in '92, and decided to keep driving. The pull of nostalgia was totally gone.
    Ah yes, the Tacoma aroma.
    A bored admin is a very dangerous person...

Those living in North Tacoma don't get hit with the aroma much. It's goes to the east a bit (like to Lincoln HS and all points south)... :P

Believe me, there are many things about Tacoma I don't miss. The only thing I do miss is the library system. They have lots of libraries and you can check out 10 videos or DVDs for three days. It was a sweet deal, but only after I moved did I realize how much it cost in taxes for that privildege, too...