Vonnage VoIP Telephones

Thread: Vonnage VoIP Telephones

Question Vonnage VoIP Telephones

I am about to start telephone service with Vonnage VoIP services. They are working with our local cable provider to provide VoIP telephone services including piles of free "features" for $24.99 a month.

My question is, has anyone else tried this service? Good opinons, bad opinions? From what I know so far, it will be a Linksys VoIP box that I will be receiving. Never been much of a Linksys fan, but we'll see.

*lin*
    I actually voted for John Kerry, before I voted against him.

I've been using it for about a year now and am pleased with it. They claim that it will also work with fax machines, though I've yet to find a fax machine that will work well with it. I'm on a 1.5Mbps down and 768 up dsl connection. I can download and talk on the voip line at the same time with no problems. It's handy. When we go out of town, I take the voip box along and use it at the hotel (with a high-speed connection) for phone calls.
    "If life is a journey....Who's got the map?"

Quote Originally Posted by tobevers
    When we go out of town, I take the voip box along and use it at the hotel (with a high-speed connection) for phone calls.
    So far its been going good. Haven't got it hooked into my existing copper yet, working off of a 2.4ghz wireless phone at the moment.

I'd read that you can take it with you places and get your calls there. I'll have to try that sometime.

*lin*
    I actually voted for John Kerry, before I voted against him.