Hi, I have an NEC FE1250 and unfortunately about 8 months ago, the screen started distorting on the top and bottom. I am on 1280x1024 at 75 HZ with a GE Force FX 5200. I even tried a different video card. The screen is fine on startup, but when it heats up it starts to flicker with horizontal lines moving up and down the screen. Then, the screen randomly distorts where the top and bottom scrunch in and the screen gets squeezed into a small area. Only the amount that it squeezes down is the amount it distorts. However, it gets worse the longer it stays on. I took it to a local guy and it would not flicker on him or distort. However, it may have, but he was just watching it at different times, not working on it. When I brought it home, it took 30 minutes and it started up again.

I have had the monitor for 3 or 4 years now and never had a problem till a while back.

I have tested it at home here on another computer and it does it on that one also. I have the schematics and am an electronics guy but not familiar with what may be the problem.

Right now I have made the vertical setting on the monitor smaller so that I don't get the distortion. The warmer it gets, the further I have to move it as it makes the screen smaller and smaller.

Any thoughts? I have an oscilloscope and all, and hope maybe it is something easy. Otherwise I have to wait till it totally dies?? THEN fix it? It is very frustrating.

Grr. Scott