Drivers for OPTi 82C924 in Analog Devices AC 1846JP

Thread: Drivers for OPTi 82C924 in Analog Devices AC 1846JP

Lightbulb Drivers for OPTi 82C924 in Analog Devices AC 1846JP

I opened a new thread as the old one has a wrong title now.

Now I got the *right* info for the card (sorry for wasting your time so far):

Analog Devices AD 1846JP SoundPort (r) 9540 A 54264
    Chipset: OPTi 82C924 Taiwan 954311NE

I found elswhere on this forum set of instructions on how to install this card under Win98 with disable jumper on - but I don't know which jumper is "disable". I also don't have the drivers for the card.

Please help!

This is what I found on how to install the card:
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////
    This was cut n pasted from the supplier of the driver... instructions on how to make it work in 98

1. Place the jumper on the PNP DISABLE pins

2. Put the card in a free ISA slot

3. Turn the computer on

4. Windows 98 will not find anything, so open control panel and choose add new hardware.

5. Say no I will pick what I want

6. Choose the ?mark which is Other Devices (YOU MUST CHOOSE THE TOP MOST INI FILE)...
    The file with sound and 2 other things can't remember what they are right now... NOT the IDE controler or modem.

7. Point to the temporary directory where you unzipped the files

8. Windows 98 will now install the drivers.

9. Shut down take the card out and remove the PNP DISABLE jumper

10. Put the card back in securing it with a screw -) ***Don't forget to plug in yer speakers***

11. Turn the computer back on

12. When Windows 98 restarts it will find an OPTi sound 16. It will know which drivers to use.
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I managed to find this page on the web:

http://www1.vobis.de/bbs/firmen/opti/82c924/

it contains 3 different drivers for the 924 chip and also manuals/documentation for the card.

I just gotta see if I can make it work now, as drivers are for Win95, and somewhere I read that the card wont work under Win98 if direct cound is default.

[QUOTE=s27289]I opened a new thread as the old one has a wrong title now.

Now I got the *right* info for the card (sorry for wasting your time so far):

Analog Devices AD 1846JP SoundPort (r) 9540 A 54264
    Chipset: OPTi 82C924 Taiwan 954311NE

I found elswhere on this forum set of instructions on how to install this card under Win98 with disable jumper on - but I don't know which jumper is "disable". I also don't have the drivers for the card.

Please help!

OPTi Technologies sold its audio chipset business in 1997. Please keep in mind that even prior to 1997, OPTi Technologies never made sound cards. We previously sold chips for these cards to other companies, who are responsible for providing and updating drivers. OPTi Technologies does not offer any audio drivers. If you need technical support or drivers, you will need to contact the company that made your sound card.
    http://www.opti-inc.com/html/drivers.html

You are not going to find a newer driver for this dinosaur, although I'm surprised its not natively supported by windows. Any identifying information to suggest who the actual manufacturer is, like an FCC ID?

Do yourself a favor and buy a new card. You can get a better one than what you've got for $10.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    http://www.opti-inc.com/html/drivers.html

You are not going to find a newer driver for this dinosaur, although I'm surprised its not natively supported by windows. Any identifying information to suggest who the actual manufacturer is, like an FCC ID?

Do yourself a favor and buy a new card. You can get a better one than what you've got for $10.
    This is what's on the card board's label:

FCC ID: H9NAI-101
    AI-102 REV. 1.0

And, yes, I know that I'm wasting a lot of everybody's time, but this card came on a PC that a friend gave me for my kids, and I just thought that I *have* to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by s27289
    This is what's on the card board's label:

FCC ID: H9NAI-101
    AI-102 REV. 1.0

And, yes, I know that I'm wasting a lot of everybody's time, but this card came on a PC that a friend gave me for my kids, and I just thought that I *have* to make it work.
    BTW does anybody know where is the non Pnp jumper (JP1) on the card/board??

The card was made by ECS (Elitegroup) and is model #AI-102. ECS no longer makes or supports sound cards and the link from Opti's site is dead.

Can't help you on the jumper if you don't tell us the make/model of your computer and/or motherboard.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

The card was made by ECS (Elitegroup) and is model #AI-102. ECS no longer makes or supports sound cards and the link from Opti's site is dead.

Can't help you on the jumper if you don't tell us the make/model of your computer and/or motherboard.
    A computer is a product of some local (Canadian) small shop...

This is the info that I got from the M/B chip:

VIA VT 82C693A
    0027CD TAIWAN
    IEC438431

The BIOS info from start-up screen: 06/28/200 - 693 - 596A-DD-2A6LGD4FC-00

If the card is ECS AI-102, I am not sure that I have the right drivers anymore, as I downloaded generic drivers for OPTi 82C924... Thank you for the info, though.
    Last edited by s27289; November 2nd, 2004 at 02:44 PM.

The bios string indicates that the m/b is made by DFI. The chip info doesn't help, as they made many boards with that chipset. Look for information printed on the board itself.

The bios string indicates that the m/b is made by DFI. The chip info doesn't help, as they made many boards with that chipset. Look for information printed on the board itself.
    I just can't see anything on the m/b that would tell me the model #. However, I used Lavasys' Everest software to get the info:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Computer:
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 98 SE
    OS Service Pack -
    Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 (IE 6.0 SP1)
    DirectX 4.09.00.0902 (DirectX 9.0b)

Motherboard:
    CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE, 667 MHz (5 x 133)
    Motherboard Name DFI CA61/CB50-V3/CB60-V3/PA61/PB50-V3/PB61-V3
    Motherboard Chipset VIA VT82C693A Apollo Pro133
    System Memory 192 MB (SDRAM)
    BIOS Type Award Modular (06/28/00)
    Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
    Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

Well, that narrows it down to six boards, each of which various revisions. Suggest you go through the manuals
    for the boards listed and see if it gives you any help on the jumpers.
    http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Downlo...YPE=MB&SITE=NA

Well, that narrows it down to six boards, each of which various revisions. Suggest you go through the manuals
    for the boards listed and see if it gives you any help on the jumpers.
    http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Downlo...YPE=MB&SITE=NA
    I checked out the specs for all the boards, and most of them are for Celeron chipsets only, or operate @ multiples of 100 MHz. Therefore, they are eliminated.

It can only be either CA-61 or PA-61. I had downloaded the manuals and have gone through them. I didn't find anything re jumper settings and disabling PnP features. I guess that that option is gone.

the only thing now left is to try to install the sound card with proper drivers, as I don't think that I have drivers for AI card, but those that I downloaded from BTC and other web-sites.

If I don't manage to find them in a next week or so, I guess I'll have to just go out and buy another PCI SB compatible card. Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by s27289; November 5th, 2004 at 03:08 PM.

Hi, I know it's old topic, but I'm looking for drivers(win 95,98...) of this same soundcard. I got chip on her OPTi 82c924 and another big chip ANALOG DEVICES AD1846JP SoundPort 9526 and triangle beside that number and under is A35401. It would be cool if someone got tested drivers and know they work for sure, becouse I don't have her in any PC now she is in box. I found few drivers on google, but not sure if they are Ok I mean I don't want to install weird things on someones PC.

like this one:
    Code:
    http://ftp.univap.br/pub/manutencao/Drivers/CD_Drivers_1/audio/opti/82c924/
    Last edited by Thermaltake; November 7th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.