multiple driver installation

Thread: multiple driver installation

Unhappy multiple driver installation

please somebody help me...... i need to install 2 driver on one usb dongle..... is there a way for me to do that ??? please help me... thx thx.....

Welcome to windrivers Never_Dierl1234. More information is needed. Please explain what devices you are trying to install, on what kind of computer, what operating system, and what you mean by a dongle.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Welcome to windrivers Never_Dierl1234. More information is needed. Please explain what devices you are trying to install, on what kind of computer, what operating system, and what you mean by a dongle.
    im trying to install a bluetooth device that connect on my usb port (usb dongle)
    here is my comp spec :
    1. MSI bluetooth
    2. Window XP SP 2
    3. Pentium 4 2.8 GHz

pls somebody teach me how to install 2 different drivers on one bluetooth device ..... i need the way urgently.... thx

Maybe I'm being dense, but you are not making sense to me. Does your computer have built-in bluetooth support or are you attaching a usb device to provide bluetooth support. If you are attaching a usb device to provide bluetooth access, you would need a driver for that device only. The bluetooth devices themselves do not require drivers - bluetooth support is built in to xp sp1 and later.

Please answer:
    -Make/model of computer. Pentium 4 2.8 is not make or model - do you have dell, hp, etc. If custom, provide make/model of motherboard.
    -Is bluetooth support built-in to computer, provided via an add-in card, or provided via a usb device?
    -What specific bluetooth devices are you trying to connect, i.e., printer, mouse, keyboard, pda, phone?
    Last edited by hudsonsmith; November 3rd, 2004 at 09:39 AM.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

I'm taking a wild stab in the dark as I haven't read much about bluetooth, but perhaps he means having two connections on it or something like that?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

here is the story hopefully make sense to everybody :
    currently im working on a project that use a bluetooth that connect on a usb port (not built in bluetooth). i have 2 drivers for this device that contain different API and unfortunately my project needs to use both API. To make these APIs work i must installl this two driver on one bluetooth..... if i just choose one driver it means that i just can use one API and give up the other one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Never_Dierl1234
    here is the story hopefully make sense to everybody :
    currently im working on a project that use a bluetooth that connect on a usb port (not built in bluetooth). i have 2 drivers for this device that contain different API and unfortunately my project needs to use both API. To make these APIs work i must installl this two driver on one bluetooth..... if i just choose one driver it means that i just can use one API and give up the other one.....
    So this still isn't particularly making sense to us 'fix it' dudes (least not me anyway), but I now get the drift, some feature is available with one driver you want & someother features available with another, but not both at once ?

pls somebody teach me how to install 2 different drivers on one bluetooth device
    Can't do it at the same time ! each device has just has one driver at any one instance - thats it period, unless you are in the business of writing drivers to accomodate all these features in just one driver - we ain't ! we just fix stuff how it ought to work ..

Go back to whoever provided these two different drivers & start with them

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    So this still isn't particularly making sense to us 'fix it' dudes (least not me anyway), but I now get the drift, some feature is available with one driver you want & someother features available with another, but not both at once ?

Can't do it at the same time ! each device has just has one driver at any one instance - thats it period, unless you are in the business of writing drivers to accomodate all these features in just one driver - we ain't ! we just fix stuff how it ought to work ..

Go back to whoever provided these two different drivers & start with them
    ok thx everybody... i have found the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Never_Dierl1234
    ok thx everybody... i have found the way...
    Which is ...?

Yes plz share, I'm rather interested in how you accomplished this...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by arch0nmyc0n
    Yes plz share, I'm rather interested in how you accomplished this...
    Possibly using hardware profiles???
    "I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn."

Potential Bumper Sticker: "Wiggle your mouse, it's just a screensaver."

Quote Originally Posted by RIOT
    Possibly using hardware profiles???
    That'd let him choose which feature set he wanted, but not both at once which was what he seemed to want ?

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    That'd let him choose which feature set he wanted, but not both at once which was what he seemed to want ?
    I have no idea then...
    "I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn."

Potential Bumper Sticker: "Wiggle your mouse, it's just a screensaver."

Quote Originally Posted by RIOT
    I have no idea then...
    im using window API to change the window registry value ( in this case i change the ImagePath value that contain path to my driver ). when i need the other driver i change the value again then restart the service...