Custom Paper size choice gone in XP

Thread: Custom Paper size choice gone in XP

Custom Paper size choice gone in XP

Hi, there. I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to our ability to define a custom paper size? In pre XP versions of windows you could go into the printer properties, (crtl panel -printers-choose printer-rt click-properties)and then printing prefrences then advanced and find several pre-defined paper sizes (A$, Envelope10, legal...etc) Among these was the choice CUSTOM, which allowed user defined paper sizes. The custom choice no longer exsists in XP, even using the drivers that came directly from the HP website instead of those included with XP.

I really need that functionalty back if at all possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!1
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

Cool

Go into Printers and Faxes, highlight your printer, click File, then select Server Properties. Now you can select "Create a new form" (a.k.a. define a new custom paper size).

Many Thanks, That was exactly what I needed! You are truly a gentleman and a scholar. Thre are a few other fourms out there asking the same question, to which I'll post a link.....Thanks again!!!
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

Cool

Glad I could help. I ran into the same problem a couple years ago. It took a call to Lexmark (client was using a Lexmark dot matrix for special sized forms) to solve my problem. I still think it's an odd way to do it, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie_Tech
    Go into Printers and Faxes, highlight your printer, click File, then select Server Properties. Now you can select "Create a new form" (a.k.a. define a new custom paper size).
    I accessed those options by right-clicking a blank spot in the Printers ans Faxes window.

Never knew there was an actual menu option for it.

BTW, Ahcoraj, since XP is more closely related to WinNT than Win9x, that it why these settings are placed there instead (being print server properties). That's how NT did it way back when.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Custom paper size

Hi,

I was really surprised to read it and I thought it was the solution for my problems. I tried but it doesn't work. On windows I can add a new form and when I go in AutoCad I choose the new one but max printable area is 903x862 but I want to have an A0 Long, means 1500x900.
    Do you have any answer on it?
    Thanks a lot,

Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie_Tech