access denied to network resources using winxp home ed

Thread: access denied to network resources using winxp home ed

access denied to network resources using winxp home ed

encountered this problem when trying to access a network drive using winxp home edition; i keep getting access denied message; the other network drives have no porblem accession. i've check the security permission for that folder & myself have been added.
    The strange thing is i've tried using a winxp pro edition using the same login named & credientials but i've no problem accessing this drive.
    Is there any limitation for the number of network resources winxp home edition is able to connect?
    Or any suggestion

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kababoom
    encountered this problem when trying to access a network drive using winxp home edition; i keep getting access denied message; the other network drives have no porblem accession. i've check the security permission for that folder & myself have been added.
    The strange thing is i've tried using a winxp pro edition using the same login named & credientials but i've no problem accessing this drive.
    Is there any limitation for the number of network resources winxp home edition is able to connect?
    Or any suggestion
    You are on an XP home box trying to hit a network share and cannot, am I understanding this correctly?

Or is the network share on an XP Home box?? Because I know that XP Home allows only 5 network users to access it at a time.

More info will help, like what is the exact error returned? Are you sure you have proper permissions set on the network share iteself?

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    You are on an XP home box trying to hit a network share and cannot, am I understanding this correctly?

Or is the network share on an XP Home box?? Because I know that XP Home allows only 5 network users to access it at a time.

More info will help, like what is the exact error returned? Are you sure you have proper permissions set on the network share iteself?
    i'm on an XP home box trying to hit a network share and cannot i get the "access denied" message when trying to access the drive.
    But the strange thing is when i use the same user name on an xp pro machine i can get access to that network share in question