Steel Battalion (xbox)

Thread: Steel Battalion (xbox)

Steel Battalion (xbox)

I know this game has been around for a while now..but I just picked it up last weekend..and it is awesome. It is very immersive, mainly because of the controller. i passed on a chance to get it the first time it came into EB..because i couldnt really justify $200 for a game. then last friday, i went to EB, and there it was, preowned. and since i have a GMR subscription, i save 10% on anything preowned, it got it for $152 +tax. Still a bit much to pay for a game, and controller that only works with that one game..but the collecter in me had to have it.

it is a very difficult game, mainly becuase there is no tutorial mode or instructions on how to play..you just have to figure it out. so it took me 5 or 6 tries to get through the first level. and after the first level..things change..and it gets pretty hard core. It is a mech simulator game, and you use the 40+ button controller to play it. the thing is...if your mech is damaged too much, it will explode. when it is about to explode, the eject button lights up. you then have to quickly flip up the cap and press the eject button. if you fail to eject in time, your saved progress will be lost and you will have to start over at the beginning. even if you do eject, before you can try that level again, you have to use your money you earn to buy a new mech. it is pretty extreme. but quite fun.

I have an xbox to usb adaptor coming so i can connect xbox controllers to my PC..and i did manage to find drivers for this controller. so while it only works with that one xbox game, i will be able to use it for pc gaming. (alhough i dont know what games i would possibly use it for)

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Banned
    Damn, that couch is almost as ugly as mine

lol..thats just a coffee table/foot stool i got for free from a relative..my couch doesnt match
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Well you did see that they released a new Xbox live SB Game so that big honking controller is now good for 2 games.
    WOTPP Recruit.

http://www.lp.org/ http://www.badnarik.org/

I thought about that one for such a long time,but eventually decided I couldn't justify ponyin up the dough,cause I got's no x-live connection,hmm but still? It's not that pricey.I guess just looking wouldn't hurt....MUST HAVE BEAUTIFUL CONTROLLER MUST HA-[chop's off hand's with a dull spoon] ahhhh much better.... *plop*
    Last edited by Lost; November 28th, 2004 at 05:15 AM.
    A why the hell do I have an A in my sig.??