Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD-Rom & XP

Thread: Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD-Rom & XP

Angry Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD-Rom & XP

I am getting very frustrated with Windows XP!!

OK now, with that said, here goes:

I recently upgraded from WinME to WinXP. Now my Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD-rom is recognized by my device manager, but when I click on it in the "My Computer" screen I get the annoying message of "D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function."

Now, I have uninstalled and reinstalled this DVD-rom. In the drivers option, when installing from a list it only shows compatible hardware as "CD-ROM drive" Toshiba is not even listed in the "show all" hardware list.

Please help anyone!!!

Thanx!

try turning off DMA in advanced options
    It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. -- Albert Einstein
    It said 'Insert disk #3', but only two will fit. -- The average customer.
    "There is no need for any individual to have a computer in their home." – Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977 …….

[email protected]

CD and DVD drives cannot be installed from a list. They are natively supported in windows and no additional drivers are required. Simply delete the device and reboot - windows should reinstall the drive.

Also, to rule out the obvious - you did have a disk in the drive when you got the D:\ is not available message?
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kowalab
    I am getting very frustrated with Windows XP!!

OK now, with that said, here goes:

I recently upgraded from WinME to WinXP. Now my Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD-rom is recognized by my device manager, but when I click on it in the "My Computer" screen I get the annoying message of "D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function."

Now, I have uninstalled and reinstalled this DVD-rom. In the drivers option, when installing from a list it only shows compatible hardware as "CD-ROM drive" Toshiba is not even listed in the "show all" hardware list.

Please help anyone!!!

Thanx!
    The couple times I ran into this it was a software package that was causing the problem and needed to be updated to get rid of the error.

Roxio 5 in one case, and in the other case after XP SP2 was installed PowerDVD needed an update to get rid of the error.

Short of that, the only other thing I've run into that caused this was a bad drive which can be proven true or untrue by trying to boot from your XP CD...if it still doesn't work outside of the Windows environment you have something funky going on with your drive