DFI motherboard audio problems, need help please

Thread: DFI motherboard audio problems, need help please

Angry DFI motherboard audio problems, need help please

Recently I've been building a new system, so far most things have gone well. However I cant seem to get any auidio function at all. All auidio programs (games, Windows Media, etc.) report that i have now audio device installed. I have left all jumpers at stock setting currently am not using a front jack only the on-board jack at the rear. Audio and Sound devices in the control panel have almost no funtion. I have check all the device drivers for the most recent versions in device manager. I also installled the most recent nforce driver, tried both the XP and the XP64 Beta driver. I have a feeling the nforce self installer is crashing a bit and not installing drivers. Would like to stick with just the XP version for now, since nividia is aware of known sound issues with the 64 Beta version. Motherboard supports 7.1 audio, but for now I want to use the line out for some headphones. In addition there seem to be a lot of sound and audio codecs installed and System Manager wont let me uninstall any of the drivers.

I have made several different attempts to manually install the drivers but nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

AMD64 3200+ CPU
    DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb motherboard
    1 gig Patriot DDR400 (2x512) RAM
    nVidia G-Force 5700 LE 256mb Video Card
    Western Digital Raptor 74 gig SATA harddrive
    X-Connect Ultra 500w powersupply
    Cubed PC Acrylic cube case
    Zalman Reserator1 water cooled
    +4 120mm fans
    Samsung/Toshiba 16x DL DVD R
    Mitsumi Floppy/Card reader drive
    Enermax LCD Temp/Fan Controler

Please HELP, HELP, gotta get back to some gaming soon, would appreciate any help or suggestions at all.
    Last edited by Geoff101; November 5th, 2004 at 10:23 PM.

Welcome to windrivers Geoff. DFI says that you have Realtek ALC850 audio, but does not list the driver, just the nvidia drivers. So, I would give the realtek driver a go:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

On my DFI Mobo when the front audio connector is unplugged from the board it will not play any sounds period. When I plugged it back in (after several days of installing and reinstalling drivers) everything work fine. Maybe this will help maybe not.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
    but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting. "Holy sh!t.. what a ride!"