help please im not that good with computers i need some help setting up my GE MINICAM

Thread: help please im not that good with computers i need some help setting up my GE MINICAM

Question help please im not that good with computers i need some help setting up my GE MINICAM

I Followed the instructions to the very last word and i still can't get it to work or to turn on, i just tried to reinstall the drivers and on the device manger screen on the mini cams properties under the device status it states The Device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver (code 2 ) and then under it says to fix this problem click on the update driver which i did that and it ask for the installalion disk so i started getting a happy becuase i thought it was going to work but i kept getting a messege saying it couldnt find the information on the disk ? does this make any since ?
    Last edited by meklo79; November 6th, 2004 at 04:53 AM.

Kind of meklo79

It is all down to the order in which you do things....

When you plug in webcam like this, the usb supplies it power so you should get power... turning on may be different... As far as you can tell from the camera, is it getting power? If not it may be a bad usb port, or a bad camera.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Kind of meklo79

It is all down to the order in which you do things....

When you plug in webcam like this, the usb supplies it power so you should get power... turning on may be different... As far as you can tell from the camera, is it getting power? If not it may be a bad usb port, or a bad camera.
    WELL you were right about the usb was a bad one so today i went out and got a new one and now im recieving an error messege sayin dll is missing ?

which dll?

What windows?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

[QUOTE=NooNoo]which dll?

What windows?[/QUOT

it didnt say which dll it just said camera device connect or dll , windows 98 se