Fed-ex Really Irritates Me

Thread: Fed-ex Really Irritates Me

Fed-ex Really Irritates Me

Fed-ex really irritates me. I bought something that was shipped to me out of Chicago on Friday. Chicago is 2.5 hours down the lake from where I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I tracked the package over the weekend and discovered they sent the package SOUTH out of Chicago to Indianapolis, Indiana instead of NORTH to Grand Rapids. When I tracked the package again today, I discovered much to my surprise that my package was re-routed back north again over the weekend and actually made it back to Grand Rapids in time to make it on to the delivery truck this morning (Monday). I have previously filled out paperwork requesting Fed-ex leave packages in my breezeway if I am not home, but they rarely do, so I stayed in all day (it’s my day off). Now it’s 7:00 PM and still no package. I called Fed-ex to find out where the package is. They said it’s still on the truck, but I will not get it today because the driver ran out of time. Ugh!
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Fed-ex really irritates me. I bought something that was shipped to me out of Chicago on Friday. Chicago is 2.5 hours down the lake from where I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I tracked the package over the weekend and discovered they sent the package SOUTH out of Chicago to Indianapolis, Indiana instead of NORTH to Grand Rapids. When I tracked the package again today, I discovered much to my surprise that my package was re-routed back north again over the weekend and actually made it back to Grand Rapids in time to make it on to the delivery truck this morning (Monday). I have previously filled out paperwork requesting Fed-ex leave packages in my breezeway if I am not home, but they rarely do, so I stayed in all day (it’s my day off). Now it’s 7:00 PM and still no package. I called Fed-ex to find out where the package is. They said it’s still on the truck, but I will not get it today because the driver ran out of time. Ugh!
    Yeah, I got issues with all the big carriers, including FedEx, UPS, Roadway, et.al.
    I shipped something out of here two weeks ago UPS 2nd Day Air, and it left Fairbanks 2 Days Later! They are ALL worthless in my book.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    I always had great luck with Airborne Express (now mostly run by DHL) A friend of mine had a CD-RW drive get delivered on Saturday before the Monday when it was due. I wonder if DHL is doing the job as well.
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

I believe that it's getting worse every year. I have a friend that is a UPS carrier and he stated that his workload has doubled in the past year. He says he has see more internet based companies sending packages this year than ever. He also said that UPS is moving very quickly to hire any more help.

Guess the internet is playing it's part.
    It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. -- Albert Einstein
    It said 'Insert disk #3', but only two will fit. -- The average customer.
    "There is no need for any individual to have a computer in their home." – Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977 …….

[email protected]

My shop has been having a real problem with UPS and packages that are routed through Mesquite, Texas. 5 Damaged packages in October and, so far 1 this month. A laptop that was send back to our shop that was delivered to the business 3 doors down (I'm thankful they were honest enough to call us and let us know they had it) and the driver had on her log that we had signed for it. Had a bad Norton AV disc in a box that was double sealed because of the problems that was sent back to the vendor that arrived at thier door with the contents missing.

Fed Ex is my favorite though. Look at thier website and see if you can find a phone number for a package pick-up without having to create an account and log-in.

why everyone is moving to DHL