Halo 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2

The original Halo had decent gameplay that was at times interesting and at other times pathetically linear. Shooting through endless lookalike corridors sucked. The multiplay saved the game from the mediocre column and places it solidly in the list of good games. By no means was it a great game though. The best console shooter was a PC shooter that barely clawed its way out of the average category. I had no expectations for Halo2 and won't be playing it any time soon.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X
    Nah, it just means you're not an ignorant sheep, wrbby. Well...you're ignorant...but you're not a sheep.
    Thanks I think!
    Hello World

Internet Linebacker
    Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay = best console FPS ever.

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay = best console FPS ever.
    Every screenshot I saw of that game was third-person.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Internet Linebacker
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Every screenshot I saw of that game was third-person.
    No, it was a FPS, but it would switch to third person when Riddick was doing something like climbing a ladder, swinging hand over hand across a pipe, etc. And of course the cinema scenes. The first person hand to hand combat was awesome.

Banned
    Ok, you see, not everyone plays games online or with others. You want to talk about an overly hyped game that was the same thing over and over, that was the waste that was City of Heroes. Get with people, find a mob, kill, rinse and repeat. What a waste of time and money, I mean really, you pay $55 (game and internet) to play it.

Was going through Halo 2 yesterday, had to stop to catch my breath I was so emmersed into it. I really don't get what isn't to like about this game. Much larger choice of vehicles(I kept taking the bad *** Scorpion(tank)). It is great as you play as one of both sides against the Flood. Great story.

Oh well, I am a fanboy, sign me up and give me my badge.

i got it on launch day.but with preparing to move..i havent had much of a chance to play it. what i did get to play, i loved. it couldnt possibly live up to all of the hype surrounding it..but it is still a damn fine game. the tweaks and things they have added really make the game alot better than the first one. i like playing as the elites..although i also had a hard time determining who was an enemy and who was a friend.

the only complaint that i have about it, is that they have apparently removed the ability to make a custom multiplayer game with infinte grenades. i really miss the grenades..

if you have an xbox, you need Halo 2
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Got special edition love it..

Bungie guys do some interesting stuff. The making of DVD is well worth the extra couple of squid if you are interested in the industry.
    And Control Enter STILL wont let me post a reply.

had the first halo it was wack, new one looks just like the first dont care for it. waste of money for me

im waiting on my hl2 which kicks halos butt any day

Quote Originally Posted by +Daemon+
    had the first halo it was wack, new one looks just like the first dont care for it. waste of money for me

im waiting on my hl2 which kicks halos butt any day
    I wish I would've got HL2 instead. I'm dumb.
    Hello World

Internet Linebacker
    Nah, it's all about Metal Gear Solid 3. Which should be in stores tomorrow or Thursday.

Nah, it's all about Metal Gear Solid 3. Which should be in stores tomorrow or Thursday.
    Yeah true. If you have a PS2 that is.
    Hello World

Isnt that a trading card game? X play was showing something about a new metalgear but it was a turnbased trading card game!?!
    WOTPP Recruit.

http://www.lp.org/ http://www.badnarik.org/

Internet Linebacker
    Quote Originally Posted by thorian
    Isnt that a trading card game? X play was showing something about a new metalgear but it was a turnbased trading card game!?!
    That would be Metal Gear Acid coming out for the new handheld PlayStation Portable. Not interested in that - MGS3 is good old fashion sneaking & killing in a jungle. And it's set in the 60s and you get to play as BIG BOSS...before he became Big Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    Got it.
    Played it.
    Love it.
    Ditto (still can't finnish it on anything but easy though !) .. I love first person shooters & its pretty good at that, except the getting lost bit (its like the first one in that everythings a bit 'samey' after a while & it can be hard to figure out which way to go correctly & it really does piss you off when you've just decided to outrun the bad guys only to discover you were going around in circles all the time & still have to kill them all, or out-run them again, if you could but figure out back & forwards) .. but once you've beaten it the multiplayer is brilliant, I like co-op stuff & drive vehicles too & blow each other up when there's no good bad guys to shoot , & my copy came bundled with a free xbox live subscription for those poor souls with no real mates to play against