Halo 2
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2

Banned

Halo 2

This is too big to be stuck in the Gaming forum.

So who has it, what do you think so far?

Got it yesterday, played for 3-4 hours, I am loving it. Definitly more intense, love the new weapons and the graphics, oh me, oh my, and I haven't even picked up my HD connections for the X-Box yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    This is too big to be stuck in the Gaming forum.

So who has it, what do you think so far?

Got it yesterday, played for 3-4 hours, I am loving it. Definitly more intense, love the new weapons and the graphics, oh me, oh my, and I haven't even picked up my HD connections for the X-Box yet.

It is indeed awesome, I'm almost finished with it on Normal. The graphics so awesome that they are at sometimes dizzying. The dual wielding is hard to get used to at first, but if you get the right weapon combo, you can smoke almost about anything that gets in your way. The vehicle upgrades are great and being able to use the new weapons (esp. the Grunt Grenade launcher and Fuel rod gun) kicks butt.

I stayed up til 1am last night playing and the only complaint that I have is that when you play the Elite, you tend to kill the Elites and Grunts on your team.
    I am Scuzzlebutt, Lord of the Mountains, behold my Patrick Duffy leg!

Yeah. I found myself waylaying most of my Elite and grunt comrades beecause they're just hard to tell apart from the others.
    end of line.

Banned
    Yeah, I keep throwing out a gun when dual wielding. Don't like how you have to dispose of one when you hit people with one. As an invisible elite going up to them and smaking them with your gun is so fun.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Wasnt impressed by part 1, not going to waste my money on part 2
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    Wasnt impressed by part 1, not going to waste my money on part 2
    Then you're seriously missing out. The game rocks. It did have alot of hype surrounding it that it couldn't possibly live up to, but it is a solid game. Multiplayer is just awesome.
    Today, a haiku:

Google, you f**ktard
    my fingers are so weary
    of repeating crap

Multiplayer is the probably the best reason to buy the game. Its fun to have 15 of your friends over and battle it out for 3 hrs on one capture the flag game in Blood Gulch. The new Blood Gulch is awesome, it even comes with a Banshee, more places to hide, etc. I wish they had kept some of the old levels, but these are pretty awesome.

I just beat the game last night, they really get into the story (which is great how they bring everything together) and the action and then they leave you hanging at the end!!! Halo 3 better come out in the next year or so, because I don't think that I can wait another 3 years for the next one.
    I am Scuzzlebutt, Lord of the Mountains, behold my Patrick Duffy leg!

Banned
    Been reading reviews where people are all pissed off with the story diversion. I freaking love it, it really adds whole new levels to the Halo story by you emmersing yourself in as the Elite.

I don't know about anyone else, by in the first one, I actually felt bad for the covenant dudes when the Flood showed up. And now we have all the intrigue with the Covenant about Halo and the Flood, and we know our good buddy MC will save the day.

Didn't play much last night, just finished that first Covenant mission and started the next one on the Halo, got my *** handed to me in that system of waterfalls.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Got it.
    Played it.
    Love it.

I just need to make sure of something for myself. I rented Halo a long time ago, played it, didn't like it. Too hard to control and just going around shooting. Like, I might as well have just been playing Quake.

So then a couple years go by, now everyone is talking about Halo 2. I get sucked into the hype for the last couple weeks, hear it's going to be much better than the first, so I get all excited and buy it. Pop it in, start playing. Oh. More shooting stuff. And that's all you do. Ok,.. now mind you shooting stuff is cool, but is that it? That's all you do in this game? I guess it would be cool if I was doing multi-player on xbox live or something,.. but playing solo gets boring after about 30 minutes. Btw,.. I am playing on "easy" because "normal" is too hard for me. The mean aliens keep killing me on "normal" level.

I dunno,.. maybe I'm missing the part about why this game rocks so much. I'm trying to force myself to think it rocks, but it really doesn't rock that much so far imo. But I will keep playing and trying to force myself to think it rocks, but it's looking grim.
    Hello World

I went to my local Electronics Boutique at midnight Tuesday morning when the game was released. I was there with I estimate to be about 100 or so people in line. But I was there to get EverQuest 2. So I was able to skip right to the front of the line and get out in 5 min or so.
    U.S. out of U.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediab
    I went to my local Electronics Boutique at midnight Tuesday morning when the game was released. I was there with I estimate to be about 100 or so people in line. But I was there to get EverQuest 2. So I was able to skip right to the front of the line and get out in 5 min or so.
    So instead of getting a crappy FPS game you got a crappy MMORPG?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Internet Linebacker
    Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    I dunno,.. maybe I'm missing the part about why this game rocks so much. I'm trying to force myself to think it rocks, but it really doesn't rock that much so far imo. But I will keep playing and trying to force myself to think it rocks, but it's looking grim.
    Nah, it just means you're not an ignorant sheep, wrbby. Well...you're ignorant...but you're not a sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X
    Nah, it just means you're not an ignorant sheep, wrbby. Well...you're ignorant...but you're not a sheep.
    Hehehehe... Lmmby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X
    No it means he is one of the few to see through the hype. The game is lame