Win XP or Presario Problem

Thread: Win XP or Presario Problem

Win XP or Presario Problem

The other day when i turned on my 2 week old Compaq Presario in came in with the normal mode for approximally 5 seconds, went to black screen and then came on in the 640x480 resolution.I was able to get in back in 1152x864 but now every time I start up the same thing occurs. I have a free one year service with Compaq so I logged on to their website. Last night I spent over 2 hours going thought a bunch of procedures all of which didn't work. I got discouraged and gave up . I logged on again this morning with a different person?? and went thought the same routine again with the same results,..I'm not sure but I think I have been talking to a computer for over 4 hours and getting no where.
    Is this what Compaq is doing ??? Some of the questions I was getting makes it hard for me to believe they were coming from a real live person.
    BTW... If you,a real live person, have any suggestions I would be more than glad to try them out because I think I have had it with Compaq.
    One other thing...They keep telling me to right check on "My Computer".I know my old win98se had a "My Computer" but does winXP..I can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by roehrle
    One other thing...They keep telling me to right check on "My Computer".I know my old win98se had a "My Computer" but does winXP..I can't find it anywhere.
    It's in the Start menu now.
    If you right click the start button and choose properties you can choose Classic. That will put 'My Computer' back on your desktop.
    As for Compaq...good luck

Finally got a guy that knew what he was doing. You can go to System tool and do a systems restore back to days when the computer was working. Apparently the computer stores info automatically that you can access. Spent 4 hours with 3 different people before getting the correct answer in 5 minutes. This guy seemed like a person not a computer. Maybe after a certain amont of time if the computer can answer the problem they put a real person on.

Maybe they were real people who didn't have a clue and the computer got the answer
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something