My eyes just had sex for the first time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My eyes just had sex for the first time

My eyes just had sex for the first time

I just played Half Life 2 for the first time after downloading it through steam.

wow.

Doom 3? pffft...............

This is the best game ever period. PERIOD!!!!!

I dare say Halo 2 even takes second place to it ( and I Love that Freakin' game like it's my own son!)
    Today, a haiku:

Google, you f**ktard
    my fingers are so weary
    of repeating crap

I picked up half life 2, it runs, but only in windowed mode for some reason, crashes if I set it to full screen. I figured my Radeon 9800pro would have no problems with it. I'll try some different drivers later :butt:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian G
    I picked up half life 2, it runs, but only in windowed mode for some reason, crashes if I set it to full screen. I figured my Radeon 9800pro would have no problems with it. I'll try some different drivers later :butt:
    Have a look here ;
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=65811

there's a link also for more info
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

I have the exact recommended specs. The error I get is 'failed to set video mode' and memory register/address something or other. I poked around on some HL2 forums and it seems quite a few others are having the same problem
    Bug Life 2 anyone? lol

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDad
    Have a look here ;
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=65811

there's a link also for more info
    Quite right dude & whats gaming doing cluttering up the lounge ? Btw I'd be obliged if you went & changed your post over there to make it clear that most of your post is infact a requote of that Inquirer article, it made me confus-ed (what a surprise ! ) & I was originally going to ask you to make some conclusion on your testing, but it wasn't your testing at all ..

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Quite right dude & whats gaming doing cluttering up the lounge ? Btw I'd be obliged if you went & changed your post over there to make it clear that most of your post is infact a requote of that Inquirer article, it made me confus-ed (what a surprise ! ) & I was originally going to ask you to make some conclusion on your testing, but it wasn't your testing at all ..
    New info , Is this better ;

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njky

i won't quote anything
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDad
    ..i won't quote anything
    I will though ! [looks skyward & starts whistling etc] what are they saying with this bit ?

..Half Life 2 is severely CPU limited on all the video cards tested here. This of course is not a bad thing ..At 1600x1200 we certainly see some differences as the video cards become the bottleneck in performance and not our CPU..
    So huh ? I don't get that one bit ..

Just beat the game. Awesome visuals, i caught myself a couple times just looking at the scenery and reflections and whatnot.
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    I've been playing it, pretty nice though I dont think it compares to Doom 3. Some people dont like doom because they compare it to what it isnt instead of what it is. Its more of a FPS survival horror than anything else. Not really an action adventure FPS like HL 2 is
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

run half life 2 on my lappy just fine

ati 9700 vid, 1 gb pc3200 mem, p4 2.8 ghz, runs hl2 in 1280x768 widescreen just fine with high detail

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    I've been playing it, pretty nice though I dont think it compares to Doom 3. Some people dont like doom because they compare it to what it isnt instead of what it is. Its more of a FPS survival horror than anything else. Not really an action adventure FPS like HL 2 is
    Doom3 was much more immersive than HalfLife 2. I was never really sucked in while playing HL2, I always was looking at how to win the game.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    LOL Radical HL2 wasn't even as much of an action adventure as HL was and it's shorter (although the boat and buggy levels just seem to last forever) and easier.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Quote Originally Posted by Budster64
    LOL Radical HL2 wasn't even as much of an action adventure as HL was and it's shorter (although the boat and buggy levels just seem to last forever) and easier.
    Valve has discovered both extremes of endgames. They went from aggravatingly hard to stupidly easy. Less plot, less gameplay, more toys. The physics engine had a ton of potential. The gravity gun could have been a major gameplay element, instead it was just another gimmick. Doom3 will keep me coming back every few months because of how damned intense it is, but once HL2 loses its graphics edge, I don't think I'll play it again.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Valve has discovered both extremes of endgames. They went from aggravatingly hard to stupidly easy. Less plot, less gameplay, more toys. The physics engine had a ton of potential. The gravity gun could have been a major gameplay element, instead it was just another gimmick. Doom3 will keep me coming back every few months because of how damned intense it is, but once HL2 loses its graphics edge, I don't think I'll play it again.
    You forgot less enemy diversity as well...

You know I thought it was fun but as soon as I got through about half of the airboat level and thought "when the heck is this level gonna end??" I knew something was missing.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Quote Originally Posted by Budster64
    You forgot less enemy diversity as well...

You know I thought it was fun but as soon as I got through about half of the airboat level and thought "when the heck is this level gonna end??" I knew something was missing.
    I'm really annoyed with the gravity gun being just a toy. I wanted to see some real puzzles with it.