Howard Stern is on Letterman tonight
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Howard Stern is on Letterman tonight

Howard Stern is on Letterman tonight

Be sure to watch David Letterman tonight. Howard Stern will be on promoting Sirius satellite radio products and will more than likely rip Michael Powell and possibly Clear Channel. It's gonna be great!
    Hello World

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Be sure to watch David Letterman tonight. Howard Stern will be on promoting Sirius satellite radio products and will more than likely rip Michael Powell and possibly Clear Channel. It's gonna be great!

Woo-hoo ..........I'm so there........

Yeah I can't wait.
    Hello World

Yeah I can't wait.
    I can't wait, I'm buying a Sirius.........I listened every day in college, now where I live there is no stations close enough that broadcast the show, so I'm stuck with just the E! show.

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    I can't wait, I'm buying a Sirius.........I listened every day in college, now where I live there is no stations close enough that broadcast the show, so I'm stuck with just the E! show.
    I'll be watching Leno
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDad
    I'll be watching Leno
    Leno is a tool.
    Hello World

Leno is a tool.
    AGREED

Leno is a tool.
    No more or less than H.S. or D.L.

Its all about money and fame
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

Leno is a tool.
    Hey, just because the guy does not bash GWB 24/7...

Leno is a tool.
    ditto
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    As a current satellite radio subscriber (XM), I would like to weigh in on this real quick if I may.

I believe, due to the content that is already on satellite radio, that the "novelty" of what Stern says on FM, will be lost on Sirius. Part, if not all, of his appeal is that he says and does things on FM that is considered outlandish, pushing the envelope if you will. He's a "shock jock". Well, you can get that on regular satellite channels, without having to pay extra for it. That's why I couldn't see paying an extra $3/month or whatever for Opie and Anthony (plus, I don't find them funny what-so-ever).

I'm not bashing your decision, not at all. I'm sure many of his hardcore fans will be doing the same thing. I just wanted to throw out my opinion on the subject.

Also, I looked into Sirius before I went with XM. They didn't offer anything more than XM, and it cost more. Starting next season, XM will have baseball as well, which will be great.

Again, not bashing, just throwing in my .02 cents.

Enjoy Letterman tonight.
    Wives are like jobs,

It's easier to find one when you already have one

Quote Originally Posted by pmetal
    As a current satellite radio subscriber (XM), I would like to weigh in on this real quick if I may.

I believe, due to the content that is already on satellite radio, that the "novelty" of what Stern says on FM, will be lost on Sirius. Part, if not all, of his appeal is that he says and does things on FM that is considered outlandish, pushing the envelope if you will. He's a "shock jock". Well, you can get that on regular satellite channels, without having to pay extra for it. That's why I couldn't see paying an extra $3/month or whatever for Opie and Anthony (plus, I don't find them funny what-so-ever).

I'm not bashing your decision, not at all. I'm sure many of his hardcore fans will be doing the same thing. I just wanted to throw out my opinion on the subject.

Also, I looked into Sirius before I went with XM. They didn't offer anything more than XM, and it cost more. Starting next season, XM will have baseball as well, which will be great.

Enjoy Letterman tonight.
    Actually, I agree with you. I think he will lose a lot his "shock content" by going up public radio. But, I am one of his "hardcore fans" so to speak, so I have no problems paying for Sirius so I can hear him. I have been looking for years for a pay service via the net to get the Stern show, and have downloaded many shows bootlegged.

I like Stern.............lots of people don't, and I respect that. I never try to convince somebody to listen to Stern. Like he says "If you don't like me, don't listen."

Ok, I'm sorry, but I think that Stern is a jerk, but Letterman Rocks!
    Hmmmmm.....back for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by pmetal

Enjoy Letterman tonight.
    I agree with what 3FS said above. And in reply to this post,.. I think Stern going to satellite will be a further test of his creative ability. Stern pioneered the whole "shock jock" thing. Most of these other whacky morning guys are just Stern impersonators. They are a dime a dozen, but none of them compare to the real thing. Personally, I am a diehard Stern fan because he tells it like it is. I've been listening to him since around 1990-92ish. He is highly intelligent, funny and very creative. It'll be great to see how he does on satellite. If he fails he fails,.. but I will support him all the way. Without him, radio would be much different today. I have never listened to any satellite content so I couldn't comment on how he would compare to what is on there already, but I can tell you that he will be a great and welcome addition to the satellite radio community.
    Hello World