setup FTP server behind proxy server with isp

Thread: setup FTP server behind proxy server with isp

Question setup FTP server behind proxy server with isp

setup FTP server behind proxy server with isp, finally my isp told me that they had use proxy server for the internet service (i called them 10 times until they tell me the truth). and i need to setup a ftp server on my computer, so how can i get around it, their proxy server had block, here.....

These security measures include:

The blocking of the following ports to inbound traffic. This helps to secure your PC from virus and hacker activity, as well as spam.
    TCP 21 (ftp)
    TCP 25 (smtp)
    TCP 80 (www)
    TCP 110 (pop3)
    TCP 6667 (ircd)
    TCP/UDP 135-139 (dcom and netbios)
    TCP/UDP 443 (ssl)
    TCP/UDP 445 (ms-ds)
    TCP/UDP 1433-1434 (ms-sql)

Limiting of ICMP traffic to prevent DoS (Denial of Service) attacks and other unnecessary network traffic. This reduces general network traffic and prevents service degradation and possible outages.

Blocking outbound traffic on port 25 (smtp), except to the outgoing TELUS e-mail server. This is to reduce the amount of spam created on our network which prevents service degradation and possible outages as well as to reduce the amount of spam you receive in your e-mail.
    These security measures are designed to reduce illicit traffic, as outlined in the TELUS User Agreement and the Acceptable Use Policy.

I know this won't help much at all, but have you considered chagning ISPs? Another ISP might have a setup easier to work with. Also, around here, all residential accounts have pop3 ports blocked so you cannot create an email server at home... or something like that.... but if you get the comercial packages you can do whatever you want.

Another thought is maybe look into a dyndns.org solutions, maybe they have something that can help.

Does it have to be an FTP? or just some way to access files from anywhere on the internet? I use WASTE for just such reasons...

Another thought... I'm not famliiar with how proxies actually work in depth, but perhaps setting up an FTP server in PASSIVE mode might work?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

If the port is being blocked, a ftp can be set on a different port (ex 8021). Same goes for mail server if it doesn't have to be used for receiving mail from other users (however there is an alternative - mail reflector service).
    www can be set on a different port and dyndns.org has a free url redirector (ex: http://home.myname.dyndns.org/ > http://myname.dyndns.org:www_port/
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee
    If the port is being blocked, a ftp can be set on a different port (ex 8021). Same goes for mail server if it doesn't have to be used for receiving mail from other users (however there is an alternative - mail reflector service).
    www can be set on a different port and dyndns.org has a free url redirector (ex: http://home.myname.dyndns.org/ > http://myname.dyndns.org:www_port/
    what about i am using no-ip as my dns?