maxtor 60 g

Thread: maxtor 60 g

Angry maxtor 60 g

[/SIZE][/FONT] Has anyone ever encountered a hard drive die because of ants in the tower? It was working one minute the I hear it clunging.

only if you can get enuff ants to dance on the platter so that it slows down burning the electric motor out
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by bungee
    [/SIZE][/FONT] Has anyone ever encountered a hard drive die because of ants in the tower? It was working one minute the I hear it clunging.
    All IDE Hard drives are sealed and filtered. Unless the seals are gone there is no way ANTs could get into the device. It does not take much to damage the data, I have heard the some smoke particles contacting the platters directly can have a detrimental effect. As for clunking I can't fathom that happening, however, I believe that it may be possible for ants to cause problems with the circuit board on the bottom of the board.
    It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. -- Albert Einstein
    It said 'Insert disk #3', but only two will fit. -- The average customer.
    "There is no need for any individual to have a computer in their home." – Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977 …….

[email protected]

Ferrit
    Thank you for the humor. But I'm really serious. A woman in the building asked me to take at look at the computer that her brother sent her, so I brought it upstairs to see what I can do. Charging of course. But I should explain we have fire ants in the building, they are attracted water etc. So back to the story. Nice puter, but infeasted with these tiny red ants. I vaccumed alot out and let it run for a few days to test it. Then shut it down. When I turned it back on the hard disk was making that wounderful sound clung and we all know what that means. 60g's down the tubes. I have never encountered this problem before that is why I posted here to see if anyone else has ever had this happen to then. Thanks for the answer.