Issues with SoundMAX

Thread: Issues with SoundMAX

Issues with SoundMAX

Hi,

I am having some issues with my laptop and the sound drivers. Basically what happens is that when im playing music or doing whatever I hear random crackling. However, I have tried my speakers on a different system playing the same audio files and there was no crackling, so I know its not the speakers. Also I have issues with crackling when i plug in my headphones. Anyways, I have an Alienware Aurora m9700 with Vista Home Premium 32-bit, and just reinstalled the sound drivers because I did a fresh install of my OS about a week and a half ago. And, when I install the soundMax drivers I get an error on startup that says "No ADI codec driver is installed". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alienware Aurora m9700
    Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Welcome to Windrivers dinkowns

Alienware insist on hiding the drivers on a web page you have to log in to called my hive... are you using those drivers?
    The public drivers don't have sound max listed for Vista - and the reviews I have read say that this is Intel sound.... have you tried the intel driver?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

No sound once start computer

I have IPEX pentium 4 HT technology with intel chipset plus 512MB RAM. window XP home edition installed.

As sound driver, I installed SoundMAx driver. Once I start my computer, it say "No Audio codec driver installed"

Once I reinstalled Soundmax driver its fine but Asking for "digilat signature". if I press 'contnue anyway' Soundmax installed fine and Sound work perfectly.

But again, once I start (restart or turn off/on my computer), I am getting same problem.

Please help me, whats going on. should I install AD1888.zip as mentioned in this forum for ASUS motherboard?

Welcome to Windrivers winchatpal

I will remove your other post since it asks the same question

For IPEX you need to click here and on the web page that opens enter the serial number for your IPEX. The website will then list the drivers it has. Download your sound driver and try again.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    Welcome to Windrivers winchatpal

I will remove your other post since it asks the same question

For IPEX you need to click here and on the web page that opens enter the serial number for your IPEX. The website will then list the drivers it has. Download your sound driver and try again.
    Thanks for the link. I had down loaded the required files for my current IPEX set-up with XP.

I have also Matrox video card 'G550' series installed in my AGP slot. for which I had downloaded respective drive as well.

The problem what i am getting are:-After installing these soundmax as well as G550 video drives plus usb2.0 drive. they are usually working fine. BUT once reboot the system or turnoff-and-on computer, all gone off from the system. Thats mean i have to install all again and again.

Looking like these are NOT saving in the chipset.

Plz guide me what should I do to keep all them as permanent

By the way can i install PCI-E drive card in AGP slot? is there any adaptor available???

No you can't install a PCI-E card in an AGP slot - there was talk of one a few years ago, but it never made it to the shelves as I understand it. Albatron had a converter as shown here but I don't think it ever made it to the retailers.

If you install any other software, does that also disappear? Do you have service pack 3 installed? Have you installed the chipset drivers? Are you installing using an account with administrator rights?

No you can't install a PCI-E card in an AGP slot - there was talk of one a few years ago, but it never made it to the shelves as I understand it. Albatron had a converter as shown here but I don't think it ever made it to the retailers.

If you install any other software, does that also disappear? Do you have service pack 3 installed? Have you installed the chipset drivers? Are you installing using an account with administrator rights?
    I installed other sw like Microsoft office 2007, games, Autocad 2009 not problem.

No, I have service pack S2

No, I didn't install Chipset drivers, original which it got i am using.

I am the prime user but its not admisitrator user name.

By the way, I have new hardrive and new XP with S2 home edition and then installing allthese sw as i mentioned.

By the way, alberton adaptor is for AGP to PCI-e, I need reverese way.

Thanks in advance for guiding me.

Right well get the chipset drivers (inf) installed and update to SP3 before doing anything else. The soundmax drivers may not install because the settings are wrong in bios or the onboard sound is faulty.

As for the converter... sorry no.

Right well get the chipset drivers (inf) installed and update to SP3 before doing anything else. The soundmax drivers may not install because the settings are wrong in bios or the onboard sound is faulty.

As for the converter... sorry no.
    As I Told you before Soundmax installed and working (getting sound with full soundmax functionallity, But not saved for once I reboot or turn off and on the computer.

Same for video drive as well

Right - so there is only a couple of things I know that cause that problem

1) the hardware is faulty
    2) you have something called deep freeze or goback on your machine and it is resetting everything you do each time you turn off the machine.

Your other option is to format and start over, this time adding the chipset drivers first, followed by the video and then the sound drivers.
    Last edited by NooNoo; October 24th, 2008 at 03:02 AM.

Right - so there is only a couple of things I know that cause that problem

1) the hardware is faulty
    2) you have something called deep freeze or goback on your machine and it is resetting everything you do each time you turn off the machine.

Your other option is to format and start over, this time adding the chipset drivers first, followed by the video and then the sound drivers.
    Thanks for info.

SHould I install WinXP+SP3 before chipset drivers or Vice versa? plz confirm

If you have sp3 integrated into your windows disk that's fine, if not, do the chipset drivers first then the other drivers then get sp3. Note, do not upgrade to IE7 before putting SP3 on, get IE7 after SP3