gateway select 1300

Thread: gateway select 1300

gateway select 1300

does anyone out there have a gateway select 1300 with a ms 6330 ver 2:1 motherboard. Im having lockups and crashes after upgrading the sound and video card. I installed a radeon 9600 se and a soundblaster audigy 2zs. I have a kt133 chip, i installled the via 4 in 1 pack and updated all the drivers for the sound and video, but when i play hitman contracts i get a black screen. can someone help please.

lockup

I installed a soundblaster audigy 2zs also, and soon after started having lockups within a couple minutes of bootup. I didn't initially connect the problem with the new sound system, and eventually my efforts made it all worse. I ended up wiping my drive and reloading from scratch. So then I had the audigy 2zs card still installed, but I didn't get around to loading the software for it for several weeks. During those weeks I had no problems at all. Then I loaded the software, got sound for the first time in all that time, and then the crashes started again. I immediately did a system restore to an earlier save point (I have XP), and the problem went away. So I've definitely pinned the problem to the soundcard software. For now I have no sound but also no crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by drivers
    I installed a soundblaster audigy 2zs also, and soon after started having lockups within a couple minutes of bootup. I didn't initially connect the problem with the new sound system, and eventually my efforts made it all worse. I ended up wiping my drive and reloading from scratch. So then I had the audigy 2zs card still installed, but I didn't get around to loading the software for it for several weeks. During those weeks I had no problems at all. Then I loaded the software, got sound for the first time in all that time, and then the crashes started again. I immediately did a system restore to an earlier save point (I have XP), and the problem went away. So I've definitely pinned the problem to the soundcard software. For now I have no sound but also no crashes.
    did you unistall any previous sound drivers first