A USB 2 Pen drive

Thread: A USB 2 Pen drive

Unhappy A USB 2 Pen drive

I bought a USB Pen Drive 512 MB (company: LG) and all i did was take a backup on to USB. Latter when i tried to download the data onto my friends system which had windows 98 it asked for the driver.
    After installing the driver it showed me a removable drive option in Windows Explorer and when i clicked on it to copy the data to my system it asked me to format the device as it is not yet formated. So I checked the properties and it showed the free and used space as 0, then i checked under the format option it showed only 255 MB for formating.
    Now why is it asking me to format the device and also when i check the properties why does it show the storage capacity as 255 MB.
    Any solutions please help.....

When you put the USB back into the original machine did it still ask for the drive to be formatted?
    If yes then grim, If OK I think you have to look at the second machine. Flash drives in my experience do have a tendency to corrupt.

Unhappy

Yes when I put the pen drive into the system from which i copied the data it does ask me the same question of formatting.
    Please tell me i spent a lot on it now with just few uses of this pen drive its become a 256 MB from 512 MB.

Unhappy pen drive LG

Quote Originally Posted by pradeepk78
    I bought a USB Pen Drive 512 MB (company: LG) and all i did was take a backup on to USB.
    (...)
    Any solutions please help.....
    I also bought a 256 Mb from LG and I had the same problem [asking to format] first time, but then it worked for some time in another machine, different from your case. But suddenly it asked me the password, and the password I used then began NOT to work anymore, and it has never worked again, or I get the "format" question, or I get password not right message. So, I could not find any technical support from LG. If you know anyway to contact LG I appreciate.

Sorry Pedro Paulo. I do not know anyway to contact LG.