Wol?

Thread: Wol?

Wol?

I would like to Wake my home computer from work, both on XP, and on my home computer i do have a WOL lan card but i don't have the cable for it, and i had check the BIOS there is a PME option, how is that work, and how can i wake my home computer from work?

While this doesn't directly answer your question, perhaps it will provide the same result...

Why not set your computer to boot at a specific time? I have my computer turn on an hour before I get home. It updates and runs AVG scanner and several other programs. I've even set it to restart just as I usually get home so it's a fresh reboot as I sit down. Took me a few days to get it setup right but now more often than not I get home and hear the windows boot music as I'm taking off my shoes... I'm such a geek... :P

The BIOS usually has a RTC (Real Time Clock) option in the POWER section.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by arch0nmyc0n
    While this doesn't directly answer your question, perhaps it will provide the same result...

Why not set your computer to boot at a specific time? I have my computer turn on an hour before I get home. It updates and runs AVG scanner and several other programs. I've even set it to restart just as I usually get home so it's a fresh reboot as I sit down. Took me a few days to get it setup right but now more often than not I get home and hear the windows boot music as I'm taking off my shoes... I'm such a geek... :P

The BIOS usually has a RTC (Real Time Clock) option in the POWER section.
    this will help sometimes, but most of the times i don't want my computer turn on everyday, i just want to turn it on whenever i need to.

Looking quickly I've found this:

http://www.ezlan.net/WOL.html

I haven't checked out the link to the program but it looks promising...

apparently this is another web based wake up util:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/wakeup

It looks like you'll need a programmable router for this to work tho.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.