I am having a persistant Problem

Thread: I am having a persistant Problem

Question I am having a persistant Problem

I am having problems with my computer. I realize that it is probably spy or malware. I do have a spyware program and I run it often, but the problem doesn't go away.

When I open up any folder, My Computer, OE, anything It takes a long time for it to open. Will sometimes freeze my computer up or crash it.

I have tried everything I know to correct this problem. I have run my spyware program, Anti-virus, defrag, disk cleanup, scan disk, whatever.

But, I still have the problem. Also when OE does open up. I can't get it to open any web pages. It just remains blank or an error message appears.

Please, please, please help.

If you need any further info, let me know.

Thanks

Wayne

Welcome to Windrivers WayneNH

Could you post what your spyware and AV software is? Running a couple of spyware programs can be more productive...one finds stuff the other doesn't. Are you AV definitions up to date?

btw...does NH me your a neighbor as in New Hampshire?

First off, Yep I am a neighbor. I live just over the border in NH... I drive a truck and sometimes my travels take me into Fryburg and the surrounding towns. Small world

I am running Ad-Aware and an AOL version Spy-ware. I run them AT-LEAST once a week, but more often.

Thanks for the help

Wayne

I'm a stones throw away from Fryeburg.
    Try downloading Spybot here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/
    then update and run.
    Also,you don't mention anti-virus software, a great free version is AVG from
    www.grisoft.com

Don't trust AOL to CYA

West Ossipee? Down the road from you on Rte. 25 in Cornish...
    small world indeed.

Hi, Try a trial version of nod32 antivirus. You can download at Nod32 website.
    I used to run spyware and adware removal programs.But not anymore. Nod32 stops any virus,trojans etc in real time. After running Nod32 with spyware programs,the spyware programs always showed no spyware present. But the best thing is, Nod32 does not use any resouces and scans very fast. Ive tried them all. Nod32 always works. Give it a go.
    Saf.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneNH
    I am having problems with my computer. I realize that it is probably spy or malware. I do have a spyware program and I run it often, but the problem doesn't go away.

When I open up any folder, My Computer, OE, anything It takes a long time for it to open. Will sometimes freeze my computer up or crash it.

I have tried everything I know to correct this problem. I have run my spyware program, Anti-virus, defrag, disk cleanup, scan disk, whatever.

But, I still have the problem. Also when OE does open up. I can't get it to open any web pages. It just remains blank or an error message appears.

Please, please, please help.

If you need any further info, let me know.

Thanks

Wayne
    hi wayne , goto this thread http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=57348 , and you will find links to all the nessesary progs , to remove adware/spyware , read the excellent advice given by NooNoo , , remember , use safemode wherever possible,

good luck