Steroids in sports...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steroids in sports...

Steroids in sports...

yeah. It's getting real tricky and sticky now. Who's next to admit to it?
    How about football: college, pro, and/or high school?
    Damn!!!
    This sucks for sports everywhere!!!

I like how Bonds is claiming ignorance. Just some 'cream' his trainer used for arthritis, while his body swells like a balloon...riiight

Yeah,.. this whole thing is an insult to players like Babe Ruth who had to train the good ol' fashioned way with lots of hard work. I am seriously on my last thread with pro sports. I have lost almost all interest in it now.
    Hello World

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Babe Ruth worked out with women, alcohol and cigars.
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    Babe Ruth worked out with women, alcohol and cigars.
    Exactly. When will pro athletes realize what's really important and bring sports back to the glory days?

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    I am seriously on my last thread with pro sports. I have lost almost all interest in it now.
    I must agree wrbby. I do love college sports though, but you have to wonder about everyone nowadays. Especially with the high tech masking "supplements" and whatnot, like : "hey, take a pee for me would ya?" .
    From the AJC:
    In testimony obtained by the San Francisco Chronicle, Bonds told the jury the products were supplied by his trainer, Greg Anderson, who has been indicted in a steroid-distribution scandal centered around the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative.

BALCO founder Victor Conte identified "the clear" as the designer steroid THG, taken orally under the tongue, and "the cream" as a testosterone-based ointment rubbed on the body.

Bonds testified that he used the substances during the 2003 season, and was told by Anderson they were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a balm for his arthritis.

But according to a transcript of his testimony reviewed by the Chronicle, Bonds was confronted by prosecutors with documents allegedly detailing his use, during a three-year period, of the cream, clear, human growth hormone (hGH), insulin and Depo-Testosterone, as well as a female fertility drug that can mask steroids and increase effectiveness of testosterone.

Maybe what they should do is have a steroids game sor something

let the foo's who wish to poison their system all compete against each other....
    hey it could even be along Rollerball or Running Man agenda.....

Throw em to the Lions
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    Maybe what they should do is have a steroids game sor something
    let the foo's who wish to poison their system all compete against each other....
    hey it could even be along Rollerball or Running Man agenda.....
    I can't argue with you here Mayet. It is probably actually happening right now. 'cept, it's related to individual sports. Heck, they probably have different steroids for specific sports now.
    That being said, women do it, too.
    Breast enhancement, bolemia: thinner and getting even thinner, bigger butts, "blondes have more fun", racing stripes , tattoos, cl1t and tongue piercings.
    Well, you get it. It sometimes seems as if it's all about looks and sexiness with females, and "manlihood" and sports achievement , or power and money with the dudes.
    I'd just like to know what happened to the significance and importance of the heart and mind...

Internet Linebacker
    I'm on steroids.

I know...
    ;-)

As long as millions of dollars are involved, performance-enhancing drugs will be.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    I can't argue with you here Mayet. It is probably actually happening right now. 'cept, it's related to individual sports. Heck, they probably have different steroids for specific sports now.
    That being said, women do it, too.
    Breast enhancement, bolemia: thinner and getting even thinner, bigger butts, "blondes have more fun", racing stripes , tattoos, cl1t and tongue piercings.
    Well, you get it. It sometimes seems as if it's all about looks and sexiness with females, and "manlihood" and sports achievement , or power and money with the dudes.
    I'd just like to know what happened to the significance and importance of the heart and mind...
    Well i had an interesting convo about this to Jaeger yesterday. He couldn't, as I know many men can't, understand the fascination women have with diamonds.
    Women are tactile creatures, we love silk, satin, lace and velvet, we like to look good and feel good.
    However I see a smiliar thing in the male of the species with a slight difference. Men like to adorn their things, not themselves.
    Cars and computers. I liken the diamond on the finger to the cut out cases with whizz bang LED's.

and then again theres the new male of the species, the man of the 'noughties' replacing the 'snag' male of the nineties.. that is 'the metrosexual'
    Here we now have dudes that like adorning themselves as much as women do........

Me presonally...I do not want to compete with any males for my anti wrinkle night cream or an appointment with my manicurists.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    Me presonally...I do not want to compete with any males for my anti wrinkle night cream or an appointment with my manicurists.....
    So, you're saying that we agree again?

But yeah, I hear what you are saying. But, I DO understand the differences, but not the extremes that either sex will go to in order to "achieve" supposed power. I don't know...maybe folks need to do something to enhance themselves because no matter how good or powerful or real they may be, they need to be even more so. In other words, is ANYONE happy with themselves? Ever? If not, which seems likely, then WHY???
    Whatever, it is almost always bullsh1t....

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X
    I'm on steroids.

ahhh that explains everything......sex, what sex....... Steriods make your weiner shrink.........

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    So, you're saying that we agree again?

But yeah, I hear what you are saying. But, I DO understand the differences, but not the extremes that either sex will go to in order to "achieve" supposed power. I don't know...maybe folks need to do something to enhance themselves because no matter how good or powerful or real they may be, they need to be even more so. In other words, is ANYONE happy with themselves? Ever? If not, which seems likely, then WHY???
    Whatever, it is almost always bullsh1t....
    I am happy with myself but that doesn't mean that if I was financially capapble that I would not book myself into the factory for repairs.

A skin peel to get rid of the years of stress on my face.
    A nose job to straighten out wot the bike and road made crooked
    A teeth job so I could smile without seeing the results of wot that same road did.
    A op to remove the scars from said same road.
    and well while i am at it I would probably get rid of some saggy bits and maybe plump up some other now non existent bits........

but then again I can still stand there now and look the world in the face....