PuterGeekGirl - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PuterGeekGirl

Quote Originally Posted by PuterGeekGirl
    Thanks all....appreciate the thoughts and wishes...

Here's a basic rundown of the procedure I had: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/cont...ll/106/25/e203

I'm not feelin too bad but they had to use a larger catheder than normal when they went into my left leg and I have a bruise about the size of a football up there....and thats causing some serious pain. My throat feels like I have strep from the breathing tube and I'm coughing crap up... Also my shoulder feels like it was ripped from its socket (not sure whats up with that)...that is on the same side that they went into my neck, so maybe they had my arm up over my head for a good chunk of the operation? (was out for about 7 hours). The symptoms of the condition have slowed alot but are still there a bit, they stated it could take a couple weeks for it to settle completely as things are real stirred up from the operation. The Dr was real happy with things and thinks they got it as when they were done they tried for 1/2 hour to get my heart to freak again and it wouldn't...they bombed a fairly large area....problems were from a large area, but seemed to be isolated to the one area....but I'm hangin in there...its about nap time again though!

Thanks again alll.....appreciate it!
    Tell your husband he better spoil you while you recover or we're gonna send Cleetus over there to rough him up.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Tell your husband he better spoil you while you recover or we're gonna send Cleetus over there to rough him up.
    He's at work today, but has already been doing that...went out last nite got me a card, a snow globe of stuff that I collect and some flowers. Made me blueberry muffins last nite and some left so I can have em the next couple days...made dinner and told me I am not to touch anything as far as cleaning up in the kitchen...(Who am I to argue that one )....but not feeling up to it anyway...so its all good. He's doin all he can to make things easy when he's at work.

Thanks again all!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

He's at work today, but has already been doing that...went out last nite got me a card, a snow globe of stuff that I collect and some flowers. Made me blueberry muffins last nite and some left so I can have em the next couple days...made dinner and told me I am not to touch anything as far as cleaning up in the kitchen...(Who am I to argue that one )....but not feeling up to it anyway...so its all good. He's doin all he can to make things easy when he's at work.

Thanks again all!
    That's a good start....

But what you really need is a WLAN enabled top-of-the-line laptop with a 802.11g router.

Glad to hear you're already recovering PGG.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    That's a good start....

But what you really need is a WLAN enabled top-of-the-line laptop with a 802.11g router.

Glad to hear you're already recovering PGG.
    On the laptop now and have the router already...
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

And it should be solar powered with a bright sunny window nearby so you can be completely untethered and have infinite power. Although that might cause a glare on the screen. Anywhoo...
    Hello World

Hi hon. Glad you're doing well. Thanks for all the time!
    (SIC) "Courage is not the abscence of fear....it is the mastery of fear."
    Samuel Clemmons/Mark Twain.
    "It's just a short ride"...(Dad-rip) Life/Death.
    "This too will pass away" ....(Dad) When things s***

So did they throw in a set of boobs too?

Glad it went well hon, feel better
    A why the hell do I have an A in my sig.??

Hang on .. you were having heart surgery 2 pages ago & now you are loose on your laptop ? I see recovery is in progress!

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Hang on .. you were having heart surgery 2 pages ago & now you are loose on your laptop ? I see recovery is in progress!
    You expected someone with the nick of PuterGeekGirl to not be on a computer already

On a serious note
    I will be spoiling her rotten during this (not like I wouldn't already do anything for her she wanted me to do).
    She knows if she needs me for anything while I'm at work to just call. My boss knows if she calls i'm out the door on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    You expected someone with the nick of PuterGeekGirl to not be on a computer already

On a serious note
    I will be spoiling her rotten during this (not like I wouldn't already do anything for her she wanted me to do).
    She knows if she needs me for anything while I'm at work to just call. My boss knows if she calls i'm out the door on the spot.
    Now there's a Good Man .
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    I've heard of CA before. Sticking a tube through your arteries to blast away a section of your heart sounds scary, but it seems to be a great procedure that does a lot of good.
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Glad to hear everything went well. But I dont think that many of us should be surprised since PGG has a heart of gold, and gold lasts forever.

Seriously though, here's to a speedy recovery
    Last edited by Jediab; December 10th, 2004 at 02:21 AM.
    U.S. out of U.N.

On a serious note
    You have that right Mustang. That is one great girl.

I have to tell ya: she has become one of my best friends here at WD. What a great lady you have there. And, what a great guy she has, too. Please "check in" a bit more here if you feel like it.. because that would be great.

On a serious note

Good excuse for some R&R for both of you...

Give her a huggle for me .. I am thinking of her
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666