what do you think

Thread: what do you think

what do you think

O.K. so my printer is toast. What do any of you think of the Lexmark X5270, it is a printer/scanner which I don't really need the scanner as I have a nice one already, but I can get a good deal on one from a friend, new in a box for probably 50-75 dollars american. The specs read better then the one I just toasted but I expect that after 4 years of service from my old one.

Honestly? Not a big fan of Lexmark, but if you can get one cheap and it does what you need...go for it.

I would just buy a new one to get the warranty. Printers are so mass produced and crap always goes wrong with them. Plus,.. 50-75 is not THAT great of a deal anyway. I mean,.. for a few bucks more you can get a brand new one. Plus I bet the ink goes dry 3 months after you buy it. Then what?
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    I would just buy a new one to get the warranty. Printers are so mass produced and crap always goes wrong with them. Plus,.. 50-75 is not THAT great of a deal anyway. I mean,.. for a few bucks more you can get a brand new one. Plus I bet the ink goes dry 3 months after you buy it. Then what?
    Then what? You get to buy replacement Lexmark cartridges, which are outrageously expensive! I bought a good HP printer for $79 seven months ago, and I still haven't had to replace the cartridges. And they hold WAY more ink than the Lexmark ones.

It is the old Gillette razor theory....basically give away the razor, and bleed them for the blades.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.