READ: IBM i.e./aka Lenovo - Worst nightmare for Dell, Intel and Microsoft

Thread: READ: IBM i.e./aka Lenovo - Worst nightmare for Dell, Intel and Microsoft

READ: IBM i.e./aka Lenovo - Worst nightmare for Dell, Intel and Microsoft

It can be the worst nightmare for Microsoft, Dell and Intel. IBM is finalizing the final deal to sell its PC unit to Lenovo the largest PC manufacturer in China. This will make Lenovo the world’s largest PC manufacturer. It will also provide Lenovo access to lucrative US market.

At the same time rumor world days there is secret development of an Indian operating system that will be used in China and India and eventually marketed through Lenovo PCs in America to give run for their money to Microsoft and Linux.

Lenovo has special relationship with AMD a rival of Intel. This can form distinctly ywo major group that will fight it out. On one side Dell, Intel and Microsoft and on the other side Lenovo-IBM and AMD. Some Indian PC manufacturers have already expressed their eagerness to work with Lenovo and dominate the worldwide PC market.

Full story: India Daily

-I wonder who's gonna do the Support for them, Chinese IT Support or Indians? Who would you guys want? I mean I hear so much about the funny accent Indians trying to assist people on the phone, can teh Chinese do better?

I think ill just go back to my Slide Rule....

W

They'll probably outsource support to the US.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Considering my run-ins so far with Indian tech support, there is no way in HELL I will run one of their operating systems. I'm still teetering on the brink of starting a Nuke India petition.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams